Sowed my seeds now what?

yes, I’ve been checking out General Hydroponics $60 for whole set
@dbrn32

1 Like

I know there are some really good growers here that use the gh stuff, but most of them are in hydro. Maybe one of the others will know if anything in addition to that box would be good to have on hand.

High 7s isn’t that bad actually @Royc 7 being neutral
in fact when you use nutrients you probably won’t need to ph up to much
I use ro water and my ph drips to 5.8 after the filters so when i mix my nutrients it drops to 4.3 or there abouts so i buy ph up by the gallon lol
Gh is a good line for the $
@kabongster uses them I believe
@Hogmaster and Latewood also used them for a while
@Willd uses them also
So you will have good results with them

3 Likes

@dbrn32
Sorry I was thinking General Organics

1 Like

I’ve used the 3 part series not sure if the is more then one use 1-2-3-222-3-2-1 mix Ratio

1 Like

when does a sprout become a seedling and when does a seedling become a plant. wicked curious I hear the terms used but not sure what I have at this moment… it all comes down to schedules for fert. and transplant, and others
@Myfriendis410
@dbrn32
@Countryboyjvd1971
@BIGE
@Hogmaster

The aspect of the seedling changes pretty dramatically which is your sign that the tap root is developed. At which point you have a plant. 10 to 14 days usually.

1 Like

I always considered a sprout about the same as a seedling. And then in vegging once they have a few sets of true leaves.

2 Likes

There’s yours answers thanks all

1 Like

April 8th

April 14th

3 Likes

Is that too small for the age
@BIGE, @raustin, @dbrn32, @Myfriendis410, @Countryboyjvd1971, @Hogmaster

looks good to me @Royc

1 Like

Like a little girl!

Looks good and healthy. :slightly_smiling_face:

Right now they’re all in happy frog but they’re going to be transplanted into ocean forest. This brings us to the next question when to transplant into the permanent grow pots and when do you start to give nutes. and will the soil feed them for now, please tag in anyone you think can help thank you
@BIGE, @Myfriendis410, @Countryboyjvd1971, @dbrn32, @Hogmaster

Unless you’re trying to do something specific, about the time the plant starts to grow beyond edges of pot it’s in is usually reasonable time to transplant. You can let them go longer, but doesn’t make a lot of sense to transplant before that.

You have to remember that ocean forest is nutrient rich. So after you transplant, will probably be a solid few weeks before you have to worry about feeding.

2 Likes

Thanks. @dbrn32, Do I need to feed them now or any tme before transplant into ffof.

They look like they’ll be fine based on yesterday’s pic. I would give them a little bit to grow and then transplant. Don’t see any reason to feed right now.

I’d go with @dbrn32. If they’re autos, when you transplant; go into their forever home. If they’re photos then you could transplant up a couple of times to avoid over watering. 3 gallon for autos, 5 or larger for photos is the average.