Sowed my seeds now what?

I soaked my seeds on 4/4 when they showed a tail i put them In soil on 4/6. they started breaking ground 4/8…now on 4/9, 8 of the nine seeds have germinated. now that they’re sprouts do I give them 16/8 Light wait until they’re dry and then water or keep them wet oh no my head is spinning. ive read all the article aked all the experienced people the right questions why cant i remember what to do…on no it’s like the first time we had babies please help really
SEED, ILGM WHITE WIDOW
SOIL… Happy Frog
Light…marshydro 700w LED 298w at the wall
Tent…3x3x6 tent
@raustin, @BIGE @Countryboyjvd1971, @dbrn32,

6 Likes

try keeping them in a high humidity enviorment

3 Likes

There’s a few different ways to get to same result. I keep mine under 18 hours or 24 hours light, usually 18 for seedlings though inside of of a seed starting/clone dome. I will usually just do a light mist with a water bottle inside of the dome.

My goal is to keep humidity up and very top of soil moist. You really don’t want to water them. If there’s too much moisture in the pot, cup, or whatever, the roots won’t expand as well. After roots start to develop you can remove dome and start giving them small amounts of water.

8 Likes

Lol, don’t panic! Everything’s going to be alright, I promise. I know it’s a bit overwhelming, but you got this. Do exactly what @dbrn32 said. Put them under some kind of a dome and keep them moist, not wet. 18/6 is a good lighting schedule for them now.

3 Likes

okay i went out and smoked a few bowls for the anxiety and I’m better now. Tank you, @BIGE, @raustin, @dbrn32, LOL

6 Likes

they’re in a humidity dome, when the lights not on the root warmer mat is on so plenty of humidity and spritzing them every now and then. @raustin, @dbrn32, @BIGE

3 Likes

That’s perfect, they should do well. Don’t forget to take the dome off once in a while to give them some air.

3 Likes

Yep! Should be good, just get some fresh air in every once in a while like suggested.

2 Likes

its been almost 40 years since my daughter was born i’m just as dumb and twice as nervous
thank you
@raustin
@dbrn32
@BIGE

6 Likes

Ain’t been quite that long for me, same stuff applies. What little bit I may know, you can bet came the hard way.

1 Like

You have a few of the top members here helping you all have given you good advice @Royc
Take a deep breath and relax lol your doing great
I keep my sprouts in a humidity dome for a week max under 24-7 and mist top of the soil once or twice aday to keep soil moist not wet
After that I remove dome and switch to a 18-6 light schedule you can use 16-8 as well i have it works fine imo
And i start watering lightly around edges of my starter cups or pot
Good work @dbrn32 @raustin @BIGE

4 Likes

thank you @Countryboyjvd1971 I think messed up I watered them to much they sprouted 4/6-4/9 I hope I didn’t kill them, they look ok
I know worried to much, but its important, cant afford to keep buying my medicine. need to grow some chemical free stuff
started in qt sized pots

2 Likes

I understand that i also grow to keep costs down and when buying you never know what your actually getting so yeah :+1:
Keep me posted @Royc

Thank you @Countryboyjvd1971 god bless Massachusetts and the mml

1 Like

You will do fine following these guys (and gals @raustin lol). You can aid in drying out over watered soil by putting a small fan on the pot, assuming you have extra holes poked in the sides and bottom. If you don’t it would be good to do so. MJ likes to go from damp to dry which forces the roots to explore their environment.

If you haven’t gotten a PH meter yet I would advise you to do so ASAP. Do not rely on strips or drops. They are not precise enough.

@Myfriendis410 I have a ph, and a TDS meter, PH down. PH at the house is high 7s and TS is 310-320. I have all my things its when and why to use i have the problem i know most from reading and asking questions I have a local guy that’s a grower coming today at 3 pm to check out the set up and give advice… perfect time to get some answers I haven’t decided on nutrients yet but I’m sure i gota few weeks.
@raustin
@BIGE
@dbrn32
@Countryboyjvd1971

2 Likes

It does sound like you have your ducks in a row; good! If you haven’t done so; read the Grow Bible and keep asking questions.

1 Like

You know there’s s lot of good nutrient lines out there. As cheap as I am, I do like to get a lot of my nutes locally. I would say it would at least be worth while to locate your local hydro shop and pay them a visit. See if they’re friendly and will prove to be worth doing business with. They’ll likely be a couple bucks more than online, but they could potentially be the people to save your butt in a pinch. So having a little relationship with them can be an investment in your future. Plus, at least someone there should have pretty good knowledge on their products. And they’re known to get samples all the time.

If you don’t have one local, or they’re not friendly, then by all means carry on.

1 Like

Yes we’re lucky in Ma. we now have great grow shops. I have Three grow shops in my area all that specialize in MJ growing good knowledge there also…

1 Like

Check them out!

A lot of people just starting out seem to end up with general hydroponics or fox farms. But there are literally tons of different options.

2 Likes