Southeast US Outdoor Germination

Thanks bud, felt like a dumb question dont want to start over again. Im pretty sure i baked them to a crisp last time with saran wrap in the sun lol. I thought it was the rain but i bet they were toast before the rain at 4pm that afternoon. These 4 look healthy, I have them in the kitchen sink windowsill which is pretty humid so going well so far

1 Like

2 Likes

Update. Getting a little leggy from windowsill so added a led shop light cant feel any heat from it so i put it really close

1 Like

The one in the solo cup the seed hull got stuck on and turned the first round leaf brown

1 Like

Looking good, I’ve used LED lights from Lowe’s in the past for starting, in specific a Lithonia 100 watt which works awesome!!

Overcast and bad thunderstorms the next 2 days so i hope it will hold them over. I left plenty of room in the pot to add soil if they got leggy. When do you think its ok to do that and how deep if so?
This is my light btw.

You can add soil at any time, just fill it up to just below your first leaves and you will be just fine, with that shop like I’d make sure it’s only about 15 inches away from the seedlings.

Uh oh, im at work now and worried i have it too close. If you look at the top picture i have it right on top of them like 2" away. I didnt feel any heat from the light so figured it was safe.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about it, they should be fine for the day!!

Check this pic out of a guy using the exact light i have… i find this hard to believe. He says he has had it on 3 years straight and more than 2 pounds from ONE LIGHT

1 Like

Yeah probably took him 3 years to harvest the 2 lbs’s :joy: I’m not convinced!! I’m sure it would work as a beginning of seedling into veg but not much more

2 Likes

Think they enjoyed the close lighting. May fill halfway with soil tonight and go with same height tomorrow.

2 Likes

Funny the little stubby one is the one i was going to leave outside so it got full sun for 1.5 days. Didnt stretch at all.

Test grow bags i really like them. 10 gallon.

2 Likes

The fabric pots go through water fast!!!

If you pick all the flowers from your strawberry plant this year it will produce more than double next year!!

2 Likes

You just pick them and drop them?

1 Like

Every white flower produced will lose its petals and become a berry, if you pinch each flower the plant will think it has fruited and produce more chutes eventually growing the plant vs focusing on fruiting, it will also vine out and grow whole new plants, started with 2 in each of my containers and on average I have 5-6 per pot now a year later

1 Like

My man is topping strawberries. I love it! I will give it a shot.

1 Like

Repotted

Wayy to many pics i know. Anyone hanging around I plan on posting EVERY step lmao. If u will get bored i am sorry just want to produce quality plants

Edit** added soil to reduce leggyness

3 Likes