Sour OG & Purple Haze Coco Coir 1st Time Grow

They are looking very nice :grin:…well done

So i’m changing the way I look at the weeks only cause i’m confusing myself. So instead of week 13 (total) i’m going to refer to it as week in flower. Which for the PH, just finished week 7 and for the Sour OG, just finished week 5.

Sour OG week 5 (Late Bloom). I dropped the Nuits again and it seems to be doing better. It seems to like 1/2 to 3/4 of the recommended General Hydroponics Nuits (according to their chart). I water over a quart run-off every watering. But the EC easily spikes if you do not keep track of it. The buds are getting real frosty. Smell is nice but not near as strong as the PH.

Week 5 SOG LOG

Purple Haze Week 7. Not much here. This plant loves Nuits. I’m giving full strength GH dose and its just eating it up. The buds are getting real heavy. Several are so big that if I didn’t SCROG they would be snapping or bending the branch down to the floor. Net it pretty much holding them up. I checked the Trichomes with a eye loop and they are mostly still clear. Going to be significantly dropping the nuits next week and will be flushing as soon as the Trichomes start to get milky. Plan is a 9 week flower. Going to be flushing using GH FloraKleen.

PH Week7 Log

PICS
Day 91 side

Day 91 SCROG

Day 91 Buds

Day 91 Sour OG

Day 91 PH

1 Like

Just finished up Day 105. Feels like forever ago i started this grow. It’s my 1st and so far i’m happy with the results and learned allot.

Purple Haze just finished up week 8 in flower. This strain is a 8-9 week flower. I dropped the nuits to a EC of 950 and the leafs are already showing signs of deficiency, The nugs look the same as last pics but are definitely larger. Taking a look at the Trichomes with a 40x eye loop it looks to me like they are getting frosty (as is cloudy). Next week is my planned final week before harvest. I’m going to flush with 5ml/gal of FloraKleen and RO water. We will see by the end of the week what the Trichomes look like. I always can extend the flush for another half week or so if needed.

The Sour OG was a late bloomer. Even though at week 6 of veg i transitioned both of them at the same time to 12/12 lighting . The SourOG took 2 weeks longer to start flowering. So she just finished up week 7 of flower. This is one of the reasons on my next grow i will be doing one strain at a time.
Anyway nothing new here. Buds are heavier but this plant is much more sensitive to nuits so i’m about 3/4 dose from what i was giving the P-Haze.

Lastly i got some custom strains that i want to grow next from Solfire Gardens.
the Strains are Mind Flayer, Hood Candyz and Purple Marmalade. Anyone have any experience with these? I got two seeds of each and want to grow them in 7gal Coco.

So Week 9 complete on the Purple Haze. Flushed for a week with FloaKleen 5ml/gal and used an eye loop to look at the trichomes each day. When the Tops of the trichomes were about 30% amber color I harvested her. I trimmed all the fan leafs off then placed her in the dark in my 3x3 tent. I am running a humidifier to keep the humidity up so it slow drys. MY temp is steady around 62F and with ventilation and a 6" fan circulating air the humidity is a steady 53%. Planning on doing about a 10 day drying before dry trimming the buds. I think i got nice yield for my 1st time growing anything. Honestly I think COCO growing is more work than soil (water more often with nuits) but, for me, it is easier.

Anyway here some pics of the harvest. Any questions on anything please feel free to post.

2 Likes

So week 8 of Sour OG completed. With the PH gone I re-centered this girl and beat the piss out of her. defoliated and SCROG’d her out. Dropped the light and going to try and run an extra week (10 weeks flower) to get her to gain some bud size. She has definitely been neglected since the PH basically took over the whole 5x5 tent. Her buds look and smell great but they are a 1/4 the size the PH buds were. She was so bushy that allot of the lower buds were not getting enough light. I corrected that now and hope its not too late to gain some size.

Week 8 SourOG log

2 Likes

Congrats on your harvest …it looks like you did pretty well lol

So in case anyone is wondering. I dried trimmed the Purple Haze. All-in-all i got 12 oz of good trimmed buds. Another 1.5 oz of popcorn buds and and another 1.5 oz of trimmings.

One issue I had was my buds were not 100% dried before placing in Mason Jars for curing. Had a piss/ammonia smell start to present itself. O dumped them in a cardboard box and let them cure/dry for another week at 62F and 55-60% humidity. They smell much better now. I just placed them back into the jars and we will see what happens. Plan on venting the jars for 15min 2x a day for this next week then 2x per week for the next 3 weeks. Hoping that smell does not come back.
I’m using 1/2 gal mason jars for storing. Each Jar hold 2oz of bud. Each jar has a 62% Humidity pack in it.

I’m about to cut the Sour OG tomorrow. Flushed for just over a week and not watered for 24hrs. Going to try more wet trimming this time,

3 Likes