Sour diesel week left flush or no flushđź’Ż

6 Likes

Last watering runoff ppm 500 input ph 6.5…stopped feed week ago water only last 2 weeks…scheduled flush is tommorow gonna chop in 8 days

3 Likes

Flushing is a choice. You will hear a lot of “bro” science that it is necessary. Actual scientific testing shows no effect. Living and organic soils are not flushed. I will be flamed for saying this but research the research. Actual numbers showing mineral levels in flushed and unflushed cannabis show no significant difference. All flushing would do to my soils is destroy it and make me start over. Just my opinion.

3 Likes

@Storm thanks bro this being my first grow just getting opinions from more experienced growers like yourself had already planned the flush as i read AN Products tend to buildup around rootball…AN reccommended the flush with their product… as i seen that it is more personal preference…like you said :100:

2 Likes

It is. Flushing is NECESSARY for some nutrient lines during growth to clean the SOIL from salt buildup.

3 Likes

@Storm yeah i sort of been doin mini flushes entire grow watering to 20% runoff everytime since i stopped feed 7 days ago nutrient consumption has slowed down tremendously with ppm hovering at 500 after 7 days from 900

1 Like

If you go living soils or a true organic flushing will destroy your hard work building that soil. Just a heads up if you travel that path…:grin:.

3 Likes

Im in ffof shes at 71 days from seed plan on chopping at 80 days i read also flushing a week before harvest will coz more resin and bud fattening last week of flower?:100:

2 Likes

If this is your first grow then you might consider 80 days to be kinda early. Not many cannabis strains are finished in 11 weeks from seed. I have had some auto finish that quick…a couple. 11 weeks from germ only gives 7 weeks of flower. That is typically not enough time for flower. Consider first 4 weeks as veg. 2 weeks preflower/stretch then actual flower time count of 9-12 weeks or so. That girl looks great.

7 Likes

Agreed. :point_up_2: Personally, I do not flush and I keep feeding as usual right up to harvest. I do try to let it mostly dry before harvest though.

True fact.

I do that too. :grin:

2 Likes

First indoor grow I flushed for over a week. Got a harvest coming in the next week or so and I’m currently debating doing a three day flush (coco) or no flush at all. Leaning towards no flush. Gotta try different things out and see what gets you the end result you want.

5 Likes

:point_up_2: you’re essentially flushing, I do this the last 2 weeks as well :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Someone who gets it. I got pretty frustrated with some of the “most seasoned” growers on another forum who insisted that it was never necessary and “Flushing is for toilets.” Haha

4 Likes

This is what I do. Go water only for the last couple of weeks.

4 Likes

Lol, I used to flush up to two weeks and usually would end up with bud rot ( and then blame humidity ) Now I just do a once off flush with water only through the coco until the EC is down to .5 or so then chop the next day… and no more bud rot either…
The main reason for the flush ( for me ) is that I feed the salts quite heavily and then add the used flushed coco to my organic compost.

1 Like

Been doing some research on this more and more lately. The idea of a “flush” at the end is to cut out nitrogen because too much can cause a harsher smoke. You want to keep giving calcium all the way through to keep the cell walls strong to prevent bud rot and diseases at the end. I’m using calcium sulfate the last week of flower to cut out nitrogen, but keep the calcium til the end. This will also help with smell and taste as sulfur based products are used for “finishing” the plant. :call_me_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Yes, Calcium is vital ! Feeding light dose of Cal/Mag all the way through the flowering stage, also add an organic product called Calsap ( to raise the Ph if need be ) which is a readily available source of Calcium for plants.
Wish I knew this when i started growing lol

2 Likes