Sour Diesel Dropping leaves

Hello, All I will follow up with some photos soon, couldnt today as the only pictures I have are from inside the tent and the colors are distorted due to the LEDs.

So here is the out line,
I have a Sour Diesel PLant in the 6th week of flower.
She is in Soil and fed organically (teas and water) typically around pH 6.6-6.8
The soil was amended to contain ferts.
I have used this mixture before on Indicas no issues
Temps are averaging 77 during lights on and 72 for lights off
Humidity is kept low around 48%

She has always been a healthy plant and a FAST grower. Really impressed with this plant. UNTIL… About last week, I noticed a few lower leaves wilted, they turned sort of Orange y brown like a leaf int he fall.
I ignored it as it was a low leaf. Now a few of the upper leaves are showing the same trend. An alarming number to be exact about 12 leaves as of last night looked like they were on the turn.
Is this normal or should I be concerned,
Zinc Deficiency, due to pH?? Mag def for the same?
Too much water or nitrogen?

Any help is appreciated Pics to follow.

1 Like

Pics would help a LOT!
Wild shot in the dark is that its hungry.
Most teas dont feed but provide bacteria and possibly some nitrogen.
May be time for food. Whatever you amended the soil with may be gone.

You probably already know you’ll have to get pics up for anyone to really help. From my limited experience I’m already thinking cal mag deficiency.

1 Like

Yep, usually comes down to needing calmag or flowering nutes (P&K mostly) or both because the soil ran out and the teas aren’t enough to feed it through flowering. Pics would help.

When you can post again do put up pictures of the whole plant in natural light.

Thank you everyone for the immediate responses. I am on the east Coast and work till 6 I will put up LOTS of photos after that. I really appreciate the help, would hate to lose 4 months of grow :frowning:

What size pot is she in?

While you’re at it: fill this out?

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

First off THANK YOU!!! Wow I really appreciate the insight and help… I have photos, Dont know how to post them…
But to Answer some questions while I figure this out

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed Burgman Seeds Sour Diesel
  • Method: Organic Soil (Cali Green Mix or there abouts)
  • Vessels: Fabric pot 5 gallon
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff NA
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable NA
  • Indoor or Outdoor Indoor
  • Light system LED 1000-watts 185 watt equivelent
  • Temps; 77 during lights on 72 lights off
  • Humidity; 48% day and noght
  • Ventilation system; Yes, 6"
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, NA
  • Co2; NO

If needed I can discuss any of these photos. But hopefully you can see it is not a bottom leaf problem or a top leaf problem or a new leaf or old leaf. Right now it is effecting them randomly, also the leaves are still very “upright” the ones not effected. Once they go orange they seem to go limp and then drop. :frowning:

3 Likes

Nicely done, thank you. What size is your grow space?

You have a K deficiency and really should supplement while in flower. The soil is becoming depleted in the 5 gallon pots and can only suggest using good quality cannabis specific flower nutes like GH Bloom or similar.

@Mrcrabs @Skydiver any thoughts?

1 Like

These are 5 gallon pots in a 5X5 grow tent The Sour Diesel is the biggest The other three plants are Indicas and are not showing the fade. So this looks like Potassium deficiency? Should I add fertilizer or Calmag?

Sorry not cal mag :slight_smile: is there a recomended fert? I have a bottle of foxfarm big bloom is that strong enough?

1 Like

This is what you really want and need to follow FF’s published grow schedule. Remember the TDS called out is Canadian measure so reduce by 1/3 and mix to a specific ppm and ph.

https://www.amazon.com/Fox-Farm-Liquid-Concentrate-Fertilizer/dp/B00BYG6OB8/?tag=greenrel-20

Big Bloom should help but you make me nervous not having a PH or TDS meter. Makes it tough as you could be suffering from a lockout from out of PH water.

1 Like

I do have some options on adding potassium (potash) from things you might have around the house like clean hardwood ashes from fireplace or banana peels etc.

Not sure if it is potassium though…ran across this

May help?

1 Like

None of those options will really provide a rapid relief for the plant though…

True but I would think they have some time to correct …a week etc.
I just don’t know how fast it can go? So depending on that would need quick fix or a slower one over time?

Also have read that if night temps get too low can cause it.

And this post has info about purple leaves relating to phosphorus

1 Like

Great info and there’s your answer!

1 Like

Thank you Both very much, Unless you think there is some fault in my logic, I will use Tiger Bloom (I think I can get it nearby) for an immediate correction. I will also use a lower pH for the next few days in the event it is Molybdenum or Zinc, I always had the slightest burn on the tips of this plant. Just the tips 1/8" or so maybe even a 1/16th
Thank you all for the sound advice!!

410, thank you as well as I do have a pH meter, BUT… I noticed it was caked with salt. So I likely was also not controlling pH the way I usually do.