Sour diesel autoflower 1st grow

Yea I did the same this my first grow, and this grow but not as much, I used 1-2-3 gal pots, I topped one, I femmed one, I tied a few down, I let a few just grow, some I cleaned everything but the main top buds of, and some I just cleaned the bottoms up. Training them deff helps the ones I did nothing to had one nice top bud, the ones that I topped had 4-5 nice top buds, and the ones I did some LST on and tied down had like 8-10 nice top buds. So this grow I did more topping and training and I counted the good top bud sites last night and there are over 10 on like 20 plants. Even if they were only like 6 grams each it would be like a pound and a half, so keep figuring out what works for you. Every one has their own way, some people may try and force their ideas on you but for the most part every one here just try’s to help ya along.

1 Like

Yup everyone has their own way! Gotta find what works best for personal case.

1 Like

I think 2-3 gal is good for autos, the ones I had in one gal finished a little faster, but they were not as big, also people say to start your plants in the pots they are going to finish in, but I did half like that and half in solo cups and then up potted them, and I honestly thing the ones I transplanted did better. If you can go to some free classes that would be cool. You must live some where that it is legal lol must be nice.

1 Like

@Coen3440 medical card here. They are $20 a class but the people who run it are long time growers and have been a good source of free information if you ask but I feel cheap doing that for such extensive knowledge.

I have 15 auto seeds left so once I’m done with those I’ll do photos.

The support is nice here. Just learning from my mistakes

1 Like

I normally check my msgs on here a few times a day when I check my email, so if you ever have a ? Just tag me and I’ll try and help ya.
My cousin just got a medical card here, I may try and get one now, he said it wasn’t to bad. But I am 95% sure you can’t grow here even with your card, it’s dumb.

Also if you like the not mixing nutrients, I have been watching mr canuks grow on YouTube, and he uses dry amendments in the soil and then adds them on top for flower, and it’s organic, Gia green, and then you just have to water, I have been looking into that because it seems so easy, and then I could get away from the chemical nutrients too.

I haven’t had to use anything non-organic yet and I’ve made it to day 55 without any major issues.

To be fair, It’s my first grow so I don’t know what nasty surprises lurk in the shadows for me.

1 Like

No classes here, just read. I HIGHLY recommend you look at @Hellraisers grow journals. I like his methods a lot and he will actually tell you WHY he feels it’s best to do things a certain way.

With transplanting vs sowing in final pot from beginning for instance, he makes a case for transplanting. If you transplant after you are slightly root bound, it makes transplant easier since it is one larger mass.

As you can see, if you wait till slightly root bound, you have a large mass of roots in direct contact with the soil. This allows for the roots to grow outward from this mass, and after transplant, it breaks some root connections which allows for newer roots to grow in their place. This is supposed to result in more vigorous growth and a strengthened root system. Doubly so if you add mykos when you transplant!

3 Likes

I belive that picture for sure after trying both ways.

1 Like

@Coen3440 I bought a digital pH tester for my water. Turns out my rain water is 7.8 and my tap is 7.2. Not sure if this is enough to throw off my soil but if it is what is the best way to lower it.

1 Like

There are chemicals made especially for adjusting the ph but it depends on how you are growing, there’s many other ways like organic amendments and household products that work

1 Like

Yea what he said ^ just buy some ph down, and you are better to just buy a set of up and down, because it’s easy to get a little to much in there and it can help you get just where you want it. I have two kinds and they both work fine. This is the one I have been using it’s like 15$ for the up and down.
Atlas Scientific pH Up and Down 250ml (8oz) Amazon.com

My water is high too, I made it almost all the way through my first grow with out ph up/down but over time depending on you nutrients you will deff need it. You can get by for a while with out but it’s a good thing to pick up as cheep as it is, it will really help your grow.

@Coen3440 Looking like I’m going to give the girls the chop Saturday.20210302_191007|243x500

3 Likes

What do your trichomes look like? I see lots of white pistils there.

Since I’m still a newbie, is this a sign of foxtailing?

Nice looking bud!

1 Like

@PP3121 they are cloudy with a few amber. I’m trying to avoid couch lock. It is my first grow and this plant is a week behind the rest so I’m calling it good. If I get time I’ll snap some more pictures tonight.

1 Like

They look outstanding. Be sure you are looking at the bud and not the sugar leaves as those will mature faster than the bud.

Sounds like you know what effects you are looking for. Go for it! :+1:

Some people run them for a dark period others do not. Harvest before lights on so that less nutrients are “up in the plant” and stay in the roots.

Do you have your drying/curing set up?

After so much time growing those beauties, you really want to dry and cure properly for top quality effects and taste.

Keep posted.

Imo there’s way to many clear trichomes and you would be missing out on some fat and after putting in this much time what’s another 2 weeks. Like mentioned you have to go by the trichomes on bud and not leaves, leaves are liars

1 Like

Thanks for the extra eyes @MeEasy

I’m still torn about cloudy and clear. My first grow, I definitely cut way too early as I never saw anything which resembled cloudy. I panicked and harvested.

I could not be certain what I was seeing although my first inclination was too clear and from too many pics form leaves.

Always learning! :+1:

1 Like