Something very different is going on here

I started my 1st grow of Purple Haze Dec 3 from seed in Mother Earth 70% Coco & 30% Perlite. With Flora Trio and cal mag PPM from the Tap was 250 for the 1st 5 weeks .All environmental conditions are kept constant and at Temp 75 degrees RH at 55% isolating fan at to of canopy. feed temp at 73 degrees with PH at 5.7 to 6.1 I normally keep it closer to 5.7. I just started mixing micro 1st at week 6 the 1st Sign of problems arose at 5th week

at week 5 I did a flush with Ph water to 5.9 with Recharge and silica. the water at the tap is now 80 PPM plans are still growing but I feel not as well as they should and questions I can answer to help narrow this down and how to fix it for picture perfect plants
this is the most update picture now on week 11

Can you get some pictures with white light? Camera flash, room lights work, it is easier to determine deficiencies

All leaves have been cleaned out only pictures posted are left.

1 Like

They are in 5galon pots as well, I am a new grower but I feel my ladys are small for being 11 weeks old I have been looking to get the best canopy as possible before taking cuttings and sending them in to flower

If those are 11 weeks, it’s time to break the piggy bank for better lighting.

At 11 weeks you should have something like this.

This is an older photo as they are bigger now.

3 Likes

I agree with mrpeat, that blue light will cause significantly shorter nodes, so a much more compact plant, but at 11 weeks they would still be bigger, the plant shows a little burn, but I wouldn’t get too caught up with that, just small adjustments

1 Like

I am running a 2000w Led

with a Veg and Bloom switch. I am sitting on a G8 900W Led for the flower

BESTVA DC Series 2000W Found on Amazon that might be why I have small lady’s That never came to mind thanks

Yea unfortunately I have done the same in trusting a blurple light, just upgraded to the lights above (HLG 260’s) and would highly recommend

2 Likes

Welcome, AngryKitten.

2 Likes

I ran a Viparspectra PAR600 Light and she grew big plants. And it’s power draw from the wall was around 270 watts. I ran all 3 switches that was on it.

So my mind doesn’t compute your small plants at 11 weeks. I’m trying to help figure out the problem.

1 Like

First, Welcome to ILGM forum. You have what is called Amazon blurbles. Understand no one is being critical of that fact. You’ll find many people on forum that made the same mistake. These lights are very deceptive about their ability. They will grow cannabis but you’ll find that they won’t give you proper growth and your buds will be lacking in density and weight. If you are interested in upgrading you’re in the best place to get advice and guidance. I believe you have some nutrient burn. I don’t grow in Coco, but many on forum does who will be able to help.

3 Likes

@AngryKitten I did notice you had white specs on many leaves. The blurple light also help show it. Do you know what was going on?

Welcome @AngryKitten, these light manufacturers are thieves and should be arrested for false advertising and purposely misleading customers.
There is no possible way a single fixture plugged into a 15 amp 120v circuit can output 2000 watts. The math would prove that amps x volts equals watts therefore 15 x 120 is 1800 watts. Now even the most efficient LED lights in the world will sacrifice a fair chunk of that power to heat. I strongly suggest that you, and anyone interested in growing plants of any sort, do some research before you throw your hard earned cash down for a lighting fixture.
@dbrn32 seems to be the go to guy for all things bright and shiny around here.
I hope this hasn’t deterred you from growing with us, and I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

@Cannabian When I bought my Viparspectra PAR600 I didn’t pay attention when they said it was 600 watts. I went by the around 274 watts from the wall. I knew it wasn’t gonna be the best light but when I bought all my gear, I had limited funds. Of course I had no idea about HLG then since I wasn’t a member of any grow forum.

I’d still grow with a Viparspectra but I’d go with their top of the line lights. You saw my Blue Dream with the 19” cola and this was under this light.

1 Like

Same thing here @MrPeat my first grow was with 2 450w Viparspectra’s. They overall did a OK job. Buds actually looked good. They were fluffy and light though. I still use them for seedlings and early veg.

2 Likes

@Bulldognuts Doesn’t those only have two light switches you can turn on? The PAR600 has 3 switches and I ran all 3 from start to finish. My Blue Dream was my real successful grow at 3.32 z’s dried and cured. This is the same light that help grow my GSC Beast for almost 4 months when I switched to HLG’s and she was fully loaded when I did switch. She was my most successful grow at 8 z’s dried, cured and stems removed.

2 Likes

Yes they have veg and bloom switches. It was my first grow and I didn’t know anything. Probably could have had lights closer during Flower. May have helped with density.

2 Likes

I thought it only had 2 switches. I’m glad I went with the PAR600 with 3 switches. Don’t get me wrong they do make decent lights. If I would have grown only 1 plant I know they would have produced nice buds.

2 Likes

@MrPeat what is HLG I’m a little on the lost side when it comes to lights.