Something strange happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear

Over the last few days my plants have begun to wilt at around 9 PM. They are on an 18 hour light, 6 AM to 12 AM. They are flooded for 15 minutes at 6 AM and 6 PM. They are 5 weeks old today. They show no sign of wilting between 6 AM and 6 PM. Yet a few hours after the 6 PM feed they start to wilt. It’s very noticeable just before 12 AM when the lights go off. The last couple nights I turned the pumps on for a couple minutes just before 12 and they are perked up and normal in the morning. Can’t understand why they would go 12 hours after the morning feed without wilting and then 3 hours after the evening feed they start to wilt. The buckets do not appear to be dry.

2 Likes

Theyre tired. Basically they have reached their daily limit for light and are ready to sleep. It happens and nothing to really worry about.

7 Likes

In my experience the wilt is common right before lights out and lights on :love_you_gesture:

6 Likes

If you have the photone app you can dial in your DLI and it should help a bit. Your light is probably a little more intense than they need atm.

3 Likes

Really. I never noticed that happening in my previous experience. But I didn’t have this kind of light either so it could make sense. Are you saying ignore it completely, change nothing? I’ll do that tonight see what happens tomorrow…

2 Likes

I’ve been getting that impression and I’ve been moving it up. It’s about 20 inches above the tallest one. Probably move it up a little today.

3 Likes

The easiest way to determine whats going on is filling this out the best you can.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

1 Like

ILGM Super Silver Haze photo
-Age of plant, 35 days
-Method: Hydroponics
-Vessels: nine 2gal. plastic buckets, 9 plants
-PH 6.2
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-uncalibrated meter (that requires calibration but I’m not gonna)
-Indoor 5x5 tent
-Megaphoton 450w square array
-don’t have an ammeter but they are allegedly (according to their website) commercial manufacturers, I think these guys actually draw about 450 watts
-Light 18hrs 6am to 12am
-Temps; around 70, it’s in my house
-Humidity; about 65%
-Ventilation system; fan
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, No
-Co2; No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other? pumped Ebb & Flow
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC), n/a buckets separate from reservoir
-Temperature of reservoir, 60gal @ room temp
-TDS of nutrient solution, ?
-Amount of air to solution, well aerated

Its just a wilt, will take a pic if it happens again

1 Like

Your light manufacturer should have recommended heights above canopy.

After you get your height, adjust your DLI with lights dimmer to the proper ppfd.

2 Likes

Do you have any information on your light? I tried to find usage info on their website but couldn’t seem to find anything.

Usually the light should have spectrum tests, charts, and information on how to properly setup for use the light.

There are many cheap quantum sensors available on Amazon now, a few yours ago there was only one on there or apogee($$$) is an option… For some.

1 Like

I couldnt find a parr map for your light either. Which makes the photone app kind of useless because there is no way to properly calibrate it. Maybe email the manufacturer and ask if they have a ppfd or parr map for the light you have. It will tell you aprx how much ppfd your light is giving at different hieghts and power levels.

Personally for a 450 watt i feel that about 60% power at 18 to 22" should be about perfect for a 5 week old plant.

2 Likes

My android was useless.
LUX meter UT383-BT measured the canopy just fine.

2 Likes

I asked the vendor and they couldn’t find anything either which is why I said this company is apparently a commercial manufacturer. I couldn’t find anything on the website either, just pretty pictures of giant commercial greenhouses. He said it supposedly has the same Samsung stuff as a Vivosun 400 watt. It has two power supplies on top and it’s very well built it probably is very much like that light only with 50W more. Going by that I can probably use that app.

1 Like

It’s troubling that the companies support wouldn’t/couldn’t give you very simple information.

HLG and the rest of the lights recommended on here are commercial lights as well. Unfortunately, this problem is very common with China lights.

You may have issues with it not being enough light.

How big is your space and how many plants do you intend to grow under it at one time?

@dbrn32 would be an excellent resource on this topic. He has suggested my light fixtures here for many people with truly awesome and healthy grows.

1 Like

Measured HLG 350R at #5 for 200Watts, 50K-LUX @25 inches above the canopy.
Same as measured for the Vipar Spectra V1200 (550 watts max, measured at wall).
Light meter works beter than phone.

2 Likes

I recommend you spend the $28 at harbor freight and buy a killawatt meter @Dr-Atomic . Especially if you have dimmable lights like I do. If you’re going to do this all the time…you’re going to want to have one around.

4 Likes

@OldSkunk Other than knowing your electricity usage, what will having a killawatt meter provide?

Am I missing something? Or is killawatt a quantum meter brand?

2 Likes

If I’m thinking of what @OldSkunk is recommending it will show true watts being drawn by the light :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

@OGIncognito Thank you…been dealing with a brain issue since end of last summer… Cannot afford the two MRI scans.

It sucks to feel lost sometimes.

2 Likes

Hate hearing that Grow Bro and hopefully some top shelf home grown helps with that. MRIs are unbelievable expensive and sending ya some healing vibes my friend :pray::pray::love_you_gesture:

3 Likes