Something is wrong!

For sure @boardsbird. Im very very new here but been boing a ton on reading and learning. Im in Florida and on my first ever grow using a 6x9 laudry room. Im in my 3rd week and humidity seems to run around 68% consistently. Had sooooo much rain lately but ive got a dehumidifier on standby like Im sure most Floridians here do. @Budbrother

2 Likes

You would think. No actually if I leave exhaust fan off its about 68% humidity but we have air conditioning on and I use cfls and now led bulbs for now not real hot but of i turn on exhaust humidity was too low like 35% so the tent isn’t that tall so I topped them and switched lighting.

1 Like

I don’t have that problem I’m having trouble keeping humidity up. And I’m in florida too. My first grow in 15 years. But temp is high that’s my problem. I turned off exhaust fan so I get some humidity

If you could, then I would start with a 135w Quantum Board or 2 decent 50w cobs. Start looking at it per plant, you’re looking at two in my opinion, so you have to look at the cost if buying one decent light that will last years over 2 which MIGHT work out slightly cheaper initially but will have to be replaced every 2 years if you’re lucky, and will use more power.

Think long term, seeds and compost are “consumables” whereas your lighting is a long term investment and that does mean getting the best bang for your buck unless you are like me and are willing to sacrifice yield whilst experimenting.

1 Like

With exhaust running and without my diy humidifier going - 32 rh.
Great if I’m flowering but sux in veg. Florida is humid af but not inside the house!

ThAt’s why I’m starting flower stage

1 Like

@Budbrother I have a separate mother in-law suite that has its own laundry room which is where I have set up my grow. It has Central AC as well set to 74 but only one vent coming in. I have had to set up a separate AC inside the room and exhausting the Heat out. I also have a seperate exhaust fan as well as a intake fan. I run 2 LED Vipar Specta V1200’s so they dont produce all that much heat and all seems great at this point but with RH running around 62% I will definitely have to run a dehumidifier and later stage.

Im very new on growing but wouldnt you need some exhaust running in order to extract some of the Heat? That’s kind of what I’ve gathered from what I’ve read but I’ll let some of the professionals chime in on that.

1 Like

I do I just don’t run out all the time bc it drops my humidity allot that’s why I’m gonna have it go off with lights for now…I’m new at this as well but allot of ppl on this thread helped me get my plants right. Everything from lighting to food. They’ve been awesome!

2 Likes

Amen to that! Everyone here is great! Very helpful and very informative. Im running my in and out constant. My in comes from already climate controlled temp room not from outside as its about 90% RH here in Florida. Lol Only way I know to further get my RH down in later stage would be to run dehumidifier but will have to exhaust the heat created from that out as well I guess.

2 Likes

I used to work heating and air. Can you add a return vent and hook it to the same unit? If you can get from your ductwork to the room (like through the basement or attic) a ceiling or floor vent with flex-duct is a snap.

1 Like

I know I live in florida. But bc the house is so cool that its hard to get any amount of humidity to stay on tent. All I have is a small grow tent in my room til we move someplace else in florida.

@Whodat66 not sure if I can hook up a return. This is what im running. Support - Hisense USA Not very knowledgeable on AC systems. Im just trying to keep temps down. Im running the system on 74 and it keeps it around 77F but I figured humidity would stay lower than what it is. ~67%

![[quote=“Kyliegirl146, post:38, topic:21613, full:true”]
@dbrn32 I do open them only during the day bc of light leaks. I turn off exhaust at night otherwise I don’t have any humidity. I thinks its hard bc it’s not in a place that is dark all the time. I just keep inside fans going 24/7. I’m ordering another fan to put air in but I still have hardly any humidity. I’m having trouble raising it. And suggestions?
[/quote]

Put a humidifier in, keep it full of water and running full blast. You have to adapt.

20180805_072456|690x387](upload://ccdxgQphRsAyLGZIkEOzqplNU9Y.jpg)

1 Like

Using a portable unit, make sure to pipe it’s exhaust out if you can. But I see what you mean. Was thinking central air.

If it were me, I’d put a humidifier in the room intake air is being drawn from. Then I’d keep my air exchange going 24/7.

@dbrn32 wouldnt that increase my humidity? And yes, in and out run 24/7

Yes, that’s the issue I responding to

@zparkie2 I have the same problem. I live in florida and the house is cold and dry. So I keep exhaust fan on during the day and I turn it off at night and humidity gets up to maybe 72% but temp is high but it doesn’t seem to b bothering them. I’ve tried towels hanging near fan and nothing so being my tent is small I just switched to flowering bc u don’t need allot of humidity. Somebody here told me what to get to make a homemade humidifier. Cause a personal humidifier are too small and u spend allot of time filling it. So I’m gonna build this homemade one he’s from near where I live and it works for him so our should work for me.

1 Like

Maybe it can spark ideas - My setup for heat removal:
Attached to the filtered evacuation fan from my tent is an in-line fan booster. I cut a round hole into a wall (easily patched, if) to evacuate the heat into. Dispersing it into the attic without creating any hot spots :wink::wink: Also, when my temp controller cuts the evac fan to regulate tent temp, this remains running.

None of this has happened overnight mind you. My budget is super tight. It has taken 4 yrs to get to this point. I just add a lil bit to each grow. Now that my temps and humidity issues have been tackled, a bite at a time; I’m finally ready to move on to diy lighting, tomorrow :sunglasses: Thanks @dbrn32 for all your help there

1 Like