Something is wrong!

Have u tried to fill your run off pans with water? If u keep them with water in them it will help raise the rh. Also if u put a wash cloth in the run off pans with water that helps even more.

@anon95385719 I tried that it doesn’t work. I have low humidity until fan goes off with lights that’s the only time I get any humidity. This is the most humid hot almost a hundred degrees outside today. Temp doesn’t come down enough. My tent is like 89 degrees but I’m gonna try something. Im gonna put the ducting out window with a black stocking on the end for exhaust and on intake put holes on it and hang it from the air conditioning vent and hope that cools it down if I can get humidity to stay around 45 I’d b happy. But its way to hot this way for flowering!

Thought you were going to get a little humidifier ?

Instead I just started 12/12 flowering where I don’t need alot of humidity. I’m gonna get new lights and I got a personal humidifier even though I was gonna make the other one. But the little humidifier I can put ice in it and it lasts 12 hours.

3 Likes

@Budbrother I think I have a ph problem. This is the color of my run off its close to 7.0 but it was 6.6 going into plants. I’m using fox farm nutes at half strength bc I didn’t want to over do it.

@zparkie2 I thought I’d share…buy a small personal humidifier, fill out with cold water our of refrigerator fill it, the one I got lasts 12 hours before it has to b filled it will give u humidity and cool air, it will drop temp some and give u humidity

3 Likes

Yeah, thank you, I read where someone puts ice in it too. Thx.

@kyliegirl146

1 Like

If I may, do you pH your water after you add all your nutrients? And do you use plain water every other time?

@Whodat66 um this is what I was doing. They started in fox farm ocean forest. I transplanted them for the last time bout a month ago. So all I was doing is watering them with purified water. Too much chlorine in my tap water. Then I started half strength fox farm trio with out grow only bloom with water ph’ at 6.5-6.6 but the run off was 7.0 now my plants have a small claw going. I’m not good in science…

I always check the pH before I add the Fox Farm big grow and Big Bloom in the past when I check the pH after adding fertilizer it didn’t change it. Yeah if it says 6 teaspoons I put 3 and if it says 2 , l put 1.

@zparkie2 I don’t use grow they have been in fox farm soil for six weeks. So I just use the two blooms. And ph was red…so I added ph up til it was like greenish yellow…ph was 6.5-6.6 . Then I.tested the run off and it was 7 but the meter said 6.8 so idk and I think I over watered again. Idk how to give them the right amount of water. So the could b drooping from that. They grow outside without doing anything and inside I have to be a scientist. Lol

1 Like

I have a good meter (finally) and I can actually watch it change as I add the pH up or down. I think that my point was that even the FF schedule calls for nutrients every other watering. My stoner butt never paid attention to that, so even though they were getting half-strength or better, it was building up faster than the plant could use it. Here is a rough schedule I am working on.

I could have over watered it again. I have a problem with that…I only used half strength so they wouldn’t get shocked.when I ph the water should ph b lower to compensate for the run off being seven.

2 Likes

I’m no chemist, but I would say yes. Not sure how much lower, or if a peroxide or sledgehammer flush is in order, but putting it in lower should help. I’ll defer to the experts on the specifics on that.

I think @Countryboyjvd1971 was helping you out earlier, but I would ask someone with an ILGM sticker. The may have a chart for that stuff.

If you think you overwatered just skip a day it’s not going to hurt anything probably help the plant better. Your pH levels are not drastically out of range just keep working at it and just like anything else it will come to you.

I use Grow Big after they are a few weeks old, other wise if you use it too soon because their soil is loaded with nitrogen right off the bat, your leaf tips turn yellow. And even then it is half of what the chart says.

I’m using FF nutes as well. It’s absolutely normal to have yellow-ish or darker🍺 beer color come out. Always test your solution after adding nutes. You wanna know what you’re putting in because it frequently has to be modified before feeding. Ph levels fluctuate according to what you water/feed at. If it goes in one reading and comes out another, totally normal. Next time you tend to their needs, adjust your ph going in either higher or lower accordingly. That’s why we measure in and out ph and ppm. It’s to know the soil conditions, and how much they’re eating.

@Budbrother that’s good to know. I just started with 12/12 and being I felt there was still nukes in soil I just went by chart at week five without big grow but ill add next time and I have a ppm meter but I’m waiting for a ph pen ive been using drops and a friend gave me a cheap soil meter. But there’s such a big different between the two, I ordered a pen. Should be here by the time next feeding. Cause I do plain water in a couple days. I just have to get a handle on not over watering them

1 Like

Try bottom feeding or even using a sprayer to water. I use a 1 gal pesticide sprayer. Soak them then give it 5 mins to sink down and do again. Repeat till you start getting runoff. It takes longer to water, but that slow soak does better at controlling the amount.

Just an FYI. Bottom feeding is not recommended for MJ plants.

1 Like