Something is wrong with my plant, leafs starting to curl

Grow is bruce banner autoflower (also feminized I think) from ILGM. It is in it’s 3rd week. I’m using a pot for pot 2 gal. set up. Leafs just started to curl. Hoping I can save plant any and all help is appreciated.

5 Likes

Welcome back , two things come to mind Circulating fan too close or maybe light too close. Happy growing :v:

5 Likes

I didn’t even consider this. Definitely possible.

5 Likes

This is my “grow room” right now I am not using a fan. The light was much closer, I was also using it to supply the heat. Through out the day I check temp and raise or lower light as needed. I was keeping it between 80 and 82 degrees. I also thought it might be the light so I did move it way up. If the problem was the light how quick of a recovery should I see.

4 Likes

Id give her a few days, should bounce back its a weed after all lol. when mine was in seedling / veg light is about 18-24in away now in flower 12in away

2 Likes

Thank you to all who responded. I’m going with the light theory. I have moved the light to about 32" away. haven’t noticed any change but nothing is getting worse. I might just pull this off. Here is a pic of Bruce at three weeks.

4 Likes

It’s not uncommon to see some funny looking leaves from time to time.
Especially when they’re young.

3 Likes

Looking good!
200w (3)

4 Likes

@mulligan looks good. The leaves look wet in a couple pics, could it have something to do with that? What kind of light is that, seems like 32” is pretty high to get the amount of light you need. You could download the Photone app and get a better sense how much light is getting to the pretty lady.

3 Likes

It’s a bit warm, but not too bad. What is most interesting to us is the glossy/sticky looking section of leaf. Did you spray with neem? Did you do this in direct light?

Definitely bring back the fan because air circulation is super important for your plant’s transpiration. Lower the light (try 28 inches, then try lower).

And make sure when you water, you are covering the entire surface area of the topsoil, focusing most of the stream of water towards the outer edge of the pot as this is where evaporation occurs first.

And always feel free to reach out to us directly! Always happy to talk about plants. :smile: :shamrock:

1 Like

Thank you to all who responded to help. I did use a neem oil and dish soap mixture a few times. I saw an ant or two and went a bit heavy with misting. I did adjust the light to about 58 inches. I now have a small oscillating fan pointed at the plant. Now a few questions: Should I leave the fan on all the time? and I’m a bit concerned about these top leaves (see pics).

2 Likes

Ants are gone.

2 Likes

Lets see a side shot. Might be able to top and get rid of the bad looking leaves. If not, juet let her grow. I got o e now that was tempermental in the beginning but shes filled out nicely.

3 Likes

Here are the side shots. Also I did place an ant trap in the pot and have not seen any since. Also I took a shot of my “grow room”. As always thanks in advance for any tips or guidance.

4 Likes

Yikes, those leaves got burned from the neem spray + being under light. It is super important to always spray neem out of direct light and to dilute.

Ants are not going to hurt your plants. More than likely they showed up because something else was eating the plant and leaving honeydew (sweet, sugary byproduct).

You have two options 1) wait and see or 2) start over with a new seed. There’s a good chance that she will improve! But if you want to start over, hit up our support team help @ apotforpot . com and we’ll get you the supplies you need for free.

1 Like

I would leave her alone for a week or so and see how she recovers from the stress.

2 Likes