Something is the matter with my leaves

Haha! Hope you see humor in this but, welcome to the wonderful world of growing cannabis, where everything for the next three years to life will be nothing but change and upgrades!! … lol​:rofl::joy::rofl:

4 Likes

Well, that’s what I’m thinking. I do have the $ right now, won’t have it later, and I can’t lift all this water. I mean the constant shaking just a gallon of water it’s too much for me, so I should address the problem now and then I don’t have to worry about the ph at all, I mean it could be worth it. Wild Wild World of Watering Weed

3 Likes

Hydro! Set up close to a sink and running water… Just sayin.

No more handling gallons of water every couple of days. :wink::grin::sunglasses:

1 Like

That is not an option in my apartment. I wish.

2 Likes

You always have the option of using something like a ZeroWater filtration system. They have pitchers that you fill, the largest is 240oz. Only issue is they are pretty slow filtration systems… But yeah an under sink RO system would be the bees knees

2 Likes

I use a zero water i got for free. Probably takes an hour to do two gallons. Maybe longer. Just a brine tank and that’s finally over. But I just put it near when watching TV. Just take a dirty gallon with and a clean jug. Takes longer if you forget tho. Lol.

4 Likes

Debbie-
What did I mean by the statement you are doing better than me?
Your plants are big and bushy. My 2 plants are 8" and 16" tall and they have 3 or so weeks to go before harvest. One plant only has 3 bud sites. I think your girls are gonna bring a whole lot more to the table. I might get an ounce of medicine total from both plants. You will be harvesting much more medicine than me. But here’s where I stop and offer a good saying when it comes to growing.
Don’t compare your grow with others. It’s a good way to make yourself depressed. And I wasn’t comparing yours to mine. I was describing each garden status and forecast for harvest. I am learning, and hopefully that will transpire in to good harvests. That’s it in a nut shell. Your girls look great!! Peace…

5 Likes

I’m thinking you got the wrong ph down solution… I use General Hydroponics solutions. The up is orange and the down is blue. The ph down is so acidic it takes drops, not spoonfuls, to bring the tap water to 6.5 for me here in NY.
When using the Jacks and the FF and others, they all brought my 7.0 tap water down to the low to mid 5’s. Not so much the Jacks depending on amount of the Part A. Tho I still have to bring it back up to 6.5 with a tablespoon or so of ph up everytime. If it was a hydroponic system, I could probably leave it without ph’ing, since hydro works at a lower feeding ph (5.5-5.8) than soil.
Clean the meter with running water and then measure the water coming out of the your sink faucet. And report it here please.
Since your doing 2 plants in 5 gal pots, you should be feeding a gallon each every 2-3 days and get some runoff of about a half a cup of water.
So, I suggest you fill a bucket with the 2 gallons of your water source and check the ph amd report it here also, for 24 hours before feeding and let it sit out uncovered. Check the ph again before doing any nutes to get a baseline and report it back here also.
Also, don’t leave the ph meter on all the time. Turn it on to check, let it sit for a minute for the ph to balance out completely and shut it off whole you add and stir again. Don’t let the meter sit around on and not in water at ANYTIME!
YOU WILL shorten the life of the meter and batteries ofcourse.
Treat that meter like a thermometer you would stick in babies ass and it’ll treat you fine.
Amazon the GenH ph products…
Enjoy your day Debs!

4 Likes

Yeah Patch, consider that Sprout is 5 months old already. She should be sitting in a jar already. I plan on only getting depressed if it’s not good. They already smell pretty good when you open the tent.

2 Likes

I got Bloom City. So, I cleaned the meter and the water coming out of the faucet today is 7.2, the distilled is coming up 7.2, it may still be going down, tho.
Last water Clara had some runoff at 1/2 gal, Sprout got 3/4 gal w/no runoff.
I was going to water today but Clara is still damp, Sprout could use it today

Sprout
They are looking SOO much better, do you see how much bigger and greener the leaves are? Amazing, thank you so much you are a miracle worker

6 Likes

@DebbieM , if there is anyway you can have your daughter or someone to catch and fill 1 gallon jugs of rain water from a 5 gallon bucket :bucket: from outside in the back yard maybe. I used rain water for my nutrients feedings , and tap water for plain ph watering but I actually don’t water on a schedule , I water by feeling or listening .

1 Like

Ahh, nope, I know that would be better, but it’s not an option for me. I live in an apartment and can’t do anything outside, I wish I could. My last place would have been perfect, but at the time it wasn’t legal here. No, I’m stuck with what I have right now, unless I get that ro undersink thing.
I water now when they are dry, I’ve seen what happens if you don’t wait. I do appreciate the suggestions, you can never tell when I’ll be able to use one. Thanks

1 Like

@DebbieM , you can stir a whisk maybe in a pot are a spatchula with holes in it are a wooden spoon to mix and stir and you can let it it for 24 hours - 48 hours to make sure all the salts dissolve and that can save you plenty of the shaking my lady . I used the small $2 air stones from out Walmart in the aquarium section with a Aqua-Whisper pump in a 5 gallon bucket :bucket: and I ph the water in the bucket :bucket: and let the air stones bubble mix until its in the right range or I stir it with my big crawfish paddle or my mash paddle . But I cannot shake the jugs either cause of my first fushion surgery c-2 - c -5 with plates and screws so it’s not much shaking I can do so I improvised, stirring and using the air stones to mix, but a cheap drill you can used but you find a way .

1 Like

So, how to get it from the bucket to a gallon container? I know that sounds like a stupid question, but I can’t lift that 5 gal bucket. Currently I have very little use with my right side that doesn’t cause pain. I am trying to work around that. I mean, I never really had any time to plan this out, it was all kinda just dropped on me. That’s why I had so many problems right from the beginning. I was not prepared. I am trying to get as prepared as I can for my new grow which I will drop seeds as soon as I flip. Looking like a week, maybe. That’ll be another whole new thing, I got my plants already plants, not seeds or clones. At least I’ve read alot about it so I have an idea. I am doing 2 gorilla glue 1 mag landrace photos and a crystal meth auto. I expect I’ll have some problems for getting them to germinate, I haven’t done that yet, but as I am a pessimist I am prepared for disappointment, so will be extra pleased if they germinate with no problems

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower and any other moderators out there or whoever came up with that box “Where do you want this reply? Your page or this other page you ended up looking for something to include in the post”
Excellent work with that box! Now most of the time I can manage not to hijack other peoples pages. You are all saving a lot of work with that box, maybe it’s all from me, but still I can keep you busy combining and splitting threads instead of what you want to do.
So, thanks

2 Likes

For transferring liquids I’ve been using those cheap plastic siphon pumps.

If the bucket is higher than what you are transferring to, once you get the flow started it will move the water through gravity. If not, you’ll just have to keep squeezing the pump, which isn’t bad for smaller amounts of water.

DuraHeat-Plastic-Siphon-Pump-for-Transferring-Kerosene-and-Other-Liquids

edit: removed unauthorized link

1 Like

I bought a battery operated one, it just sucks. And I don’t mean sucks up the water. If I had to do another flush for some reason that would never work, I’d be doing it for days. Then I just broke down and bought a shop vac. It’s pretty nice and since I won’t be using it for anything else I should be ok if I need to check readings. I think I got the perfect one for me, 2.5 gal it’s easy to open, lightweight (you can hang on the wall if you want) and it has wheels. I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to get to the tray for whichever plant ends up in back, yeah. And returning the other one. I’m just spending all the stimulus on my little operation here, that 's just crazy.
I haven’t had any runoff really to try it on yet but I used it in the sink and it’s awesome.
Sorry, @FlatLander . Beware! You say something to me and you get a book as a response.

2 Likes

Update on my shopvac. Wow, was that easier by far, well worth the investment, I can’t remember who told me to get one but whoever you are THANK YOU. No lifting, no spilling, no standing there waiting. Just done, and easily emptied. Yay

2 Likes

Debbie they are looking great. Man the people on here have really got your plants looking so healthy. I can’t believe those are the same ones :+1:

1 Like

Ok, watered today, ph was 7.2 yesterday and it sat out all day and night and then I totally forgot to check the ph before I started putting nutes in it. Also, I can’t believe I’m admitting this, but I actually started pouring water in Clara when I realized I didn’t check ph. My little neighbor was over and I almost gave her a heart attack. She was helping me shake up the gallons. So nice of her, you have no idea, anyway sorry ph was only 6.7 yet took 3.5 tsp each gallon to go down to 6.5. Meter checked, maybe Bloom City PH Down is kind of weak. Idk.
Each gallon had 3ml cal mag, 3tsps ff grow, 5 tsp ff bloom, ph to 6.5.
Clara had runoff maybe a cup, she didn’t get a whole gallon, I sucked it up with my new shopvac and gave her some more TDS 115, Sprout got more but I did get enough runoff to measure 168.
Now I don’t know about the tds meter, maybe it’s off or I’m doing something wrong because, and i do still have to look for that chart (I have LOTS of charts) but isn’t it supposed to be like over 800? I don’t have the best memory, so I’ll go find the chart but if I’m right then they need more food, but that will cause a nutrient burn probably?
I’m treating that meter like it cost $50, it’s nestled nicely in it’s case with a few drops of distilled water visible thru the cap, tucked in nicely between its solutions. Definitely would not spend $50 on anything to put up anybody’s ass, maybe a couple other places…

1 Like