Something is the matter with my leaves

@abouttime @Jaydawg6528 @spyonyou @CalamityJane @patchman @BigMommaC @Hellraiser @covertgrower @Budz @yoshi post #18 in helping a buddy, it’s above the Neptune water, and thanks much. How you been? Speaking of stalking you have anything to read? for me, I mean, not you, as in do you have a book? not that. You don’t actually have to answer, I can go look for myself, later. But if you do I’ll know sooner.
Now I have to go upload a bunch of pics from my phone and get organized enough to tell @abouttime how our girls are today, I hope he’s not upset, I kinda went all experimental on a couple more branches on Sprout and I also did that to 2 of Clara’s, (they were done very well, I got the hang of it now). I read it can increase thc production and I’m trying for the strongest I can get, I have a high tolerance to drugs.

2 Likes

That’s why I lollipop when reasonable. No need for fluffy popcorn buds when that energy can go to colas.

2 Likes

Hon, as long as you keep the girls happy and green you can do almost anything to them and they will adapt and grow and flourish.
BTW, we all like our plants in a more natural light. They always seem better than when their under the light. But, when you can get them to look as good under the light as when they’re in natural light, that’s when you know you got your grow on!
I’m looking out for your update with pics.

2 Likes

Yes, I am working on getting my pics together. I’m such a doofus, I couldn’t get the gallery on my phone to display daily, it all of a sudden just switched itself to monthly view, and I couldn’t figure out how to put it back on daily. In monthly view all I see is a bunch of little green squares, I looked it up 3 times, 3rd time the charm, and right in front of my face (it was there the first two times, also) was the answer. So Stupid. My phone is old and slow so opening up each one and naming it would take too long. Also, keep getting distracted. I could sit here and complain for a few minutes but I’m not put you thru that, I’m just gonna go back and try and get everything together so I can tell you in a concise manner. Anyway, let’s hope for that, but don’t really hold me to it, ok?
Thanks

2 Likes

@abouttime @Jaydawg6528 @spyonyou @CalamityJane @patchman @Dankloud @Hellraiser @covertgrower @Budz @yoshi So, I’ll start with a pic from 4/28 for comparison

Sprout is on left and Clara on right. Yesterday I did some more trimming on Sprout and I was trying to trim Clara, but man I just couldn’t, so I bent back a few branches and just for an experiment supercropped 2 branches, I think I’ve got the hang of it now. Sprout The next 2 are Clara this morning Last one is Sprout. I fed them yesterday also, they each had 1/8 gal plain ph water and then Clara got 1/2 gal 3/4 of ff grow and bloom and some calmag, Sprout got the same stuff but she got 3/4 gal, no runoff. It took me 40 minutes to ph that water, it just would not go down, what a pain. 2nd pic is clara, no idea what I’m doing
So I think they are looking better, a better color, not there yet, but the leaves are growing bigger too, that’s good. Feeling much more confident. Thanks

5 Likes

Way to go Debbie!! You are on your way to a good harvest. I knew you’d get them back on track. Your doing much better than my two, keep it up! Peace…

1 Like

What do you mean, I’m doing better than you? I’ll check you a little later tonight, what’s it called patches summer garden? I’m sorry if things aren’t going right. If you would like to complain and bitch maybe even whine you can do it to me. And I will read it and empathize with you and you feel better when you let it out. It gives you a clearer vision of things. I think anyway. Like why, oh why did this happen to me. or stuff like that, but you are not like that so it would be something else. I’m a good listener. Or if it’s private get with Jay on Instagram and he’ll let you know how to get a hold of me. You are one of my favorite people, I want you happy.

@DebbieM , they are definitely looking better for the greater good . If you never give up on them , is why I think they got the name weed , cause regardless of what they go through , the plant had the ability to metamorphosis to keep its genetics alive and thriving. Cannabis will hermaphrodite to reproduce of it don’t pollinate over season to survive for the next growing season. But you are headed in the right direction finally, once you get a more understanding on how the feeding , chelating , ppm and all that works , but @DebbieM if you think this part is tedious and specific , wait until it’s time to cut :scissors: the cola off that it just took all the science and knowledge you had to grow it , now you must purposely cut the nuggets off and dry them perfectly and than you have to cure them I say if in my own opinion for the best quality of premium bud , cure for a minimum of 90-140 days before smoking has been my best ever so far , but if you I u can used a wine cellular in your parents house or a humidor like I used for my premium stuff , I still think the longer the cure the better the smoke , taste , and of course the potency is always the purest and highest .

Thanks Yoshi, but even if my parents were alive we never had a wine cellar or a humidor, I am from regular working people, I think, I’m adopted so I don’t really know. And I know I have to cure it but if you think I can wait 5 months to smoke some you have me mixed up with someone who has a lot more willpower than I possess. If I get more than one jar that will be able to last, but I’m getting into it for sure. I can wait 6 to 9 weeks, hopefully.
So, have you made any contacts willing to finance your moving here for the summer? I was thinking you could start a gofundme page and see if anybody out there wants to donate to a poor old Grandma growing her own medicine. I’m just waiting for you to come out.
Where are you located? Are you in US? I’m right in the middle. Did you see I supercropped some of my branches? Looking forward to seeing what will happen.

1 Like

@Debbie , I’m just due south , 2 states maybe in Arkansas just South of the Mason Dixon ? Maybe 6-8 hours on My Indian Scout bagged out . I have not rode past 2-3 hrs since last surgery , but i rather die if I cannot get any wind therapy from the freedom of the open roads . The mere fact of policies here in the forum , I really highly respect and live by them also , but I am that guy that seemingly pop up every once in awhile when I was driving O.T.R. long hauler dedicated from Baltimore to Compton and Van Cover to Houston , I always knew a guy or a few gals along the route just for friendship , shits and giggles cause I was always on the move , it was passion , my life, it’s not that I don’t want to are I can’t, but my heart @DebbieM would to find any way to help you accomplish you growing skills to get from seed to harvest . Now as far as funds or anything , I can be there in 5-10 minutes actually , but to keep you encouraged and patient , I would help you before I let you give up My dear, that makes sense ?
But for our generosity of heart :heart:and our safety , we must obey and respect the guidelines. Now if or when that becomes a possibility, the offer still stands , but I truly believe you have all the fight and patience you need to get these plants going and finished . I think they ready for a full feeding to be honest but I’m trying not to confused you from how you understanding the process in growing right. See my thing was to learn how to fix and recover a plant before I ever tried to grow one , so I would purposely over feed and try to correct it in reasonable time in case of a real actual over feeding accident on a commercial level right , so I do consider that it’s a plant 🪴, a living thing and if we start its life cycle, than it’s our responsibility to make sure it’s raised , fed , and given all advantages to survive its life for my human benefit. The plant is just doing its normal life cycle right, and we , most of any human being that was born between 1941 - 1978 in order to have a healthy life cycle , just from the food alone we have eaten and survived on has been through some form of preservation process from natural to G.M O. Are our classrooms was plastered and painted with lead base materials for construction projects that was hidden dangers to find new ways of population control.
But the real truth is @DebbieM this and this is the God honest truth on my purposed, Cause the Bible says , whatever I make happen for others , God will make happen for me , and I truly wholeheartedly believe this with my entire heart . So to be bless , I’ll have to become the blessing to you first as my respected beautiful heart and soul Elder , I would be putting myself in a really good position with God when I finish this journey and I’ll gain a life long friend forever I know in my heart to God be the Glory , an example of real true Agape Love !

1 Like

Well, if you change your mind you can contact someone who will give you my info, but not on this site, we don’t be breaking any rules. And we are not doing anything wrong, that rule was put in place to stop drug deals. We here in IL don’t need drug deals anymore, it’s legal for everyone, and legal to grow if you are a med patient up to 5 mature (flowering) plants.
I really love it being legal, I think it should never have been illegal, and then back in 1984 Jimmy Carter would have legalized it if he made it to the second term, but NO, so what you gonna do? Just try to get everyone in jail for it out of there. Pretty soon hopefully it will be legal everywhere, and then we can just go about out business wherever we are.

@abouttime @Jaydawg6528 @spyonyou @CalamityJane @patchman @BigMommaC @Hellraiser @covertgrower @Budz @yoshi and here’s today

Clara, and now Sprout
I think they are really starting to green up and the leaves are getting bigger, they were so tiny before, Thanks to @abouttime for all the wonderful instructions, it’s really working, I thought I was well on the way to plant genocide. That man is amazing, I am lucky to really be in good hands, the progress is more than I expected, these girls are tough. Whenever I’m told it’s gonna be a week to flip then I’m going to net them up like the day before, I don’t want to do it too soon because once it’s done I can’t get them out anymore. Anyway, that’s my update for the day

6 Likes

Looking good. Color is very close. Leaves are happy.

2 Likes

No sweat @DebbieM, thanks for the kind words but just tryin to help. I want everyone to grow 5 plants!!!
The plants are looking real good. Lots of new growth and green is coming back. So I would do another 3/4 strength feed instead of plain water. And get ready to flip by your next update.
In other words…one more nute water and then one more plain water and then flip the light to 12-12. (that will be a big moment for all of us!!!)
You will then continue to feed the grow big nutes for one more week (to help stay strong during her stretch) and then introduce the flower nutes for the rest of the grow till flush.
As long as the tips don’t get burnt you can up the ppms each nute watering if you want to push the plants but you don’t have to with these.
And yes, learning how to ph efficiently takes practice. Since your feeding the same amount of nutes all the time, you should be able to figure out just how much ph up or down it takes to hit 6.5. Measure and write down how much it takes and you’ll see a pattern develope that will make ph’ing easier as you do it more.
Also I wish I can wait it out too for a better cure, but I taste along the way and when the taste returns after 2 weeks in jars usually, it goes into my rotation. Since I have a few strains bottled already, using a little from each, each time, the cure is still going on, on all of them. I will continue to burp my jars for a full month to 6 weeks after being bottled, even if I am picking at it. After that, they get burped when I hit em up anyway for some boneage!
Great job.

2 Likes

@Jaydawg6528 @spyonyou @CalamityJane @patchman @Dankloud @Hellraiser @covertgrower @Budz @yoshi @BigMommaC Ok, wow, so in around a week? Fantastic, so exciting. I had a nightmare they were flipped and grew no buds, just bigger and bigger and never a bud. I woke up all out of breath and in the middle of like half a panic attack. I am reasonably sure that won’t happen. I hope, anyway.
This ph stuff, my water just won’t go down, it was at like 8 when I watered, and the nutes didn’t put it down much at all. That’s why it took so long, next time I’m starting out with like 3 tsps and working my way down from there. I was doing 1/2 tsp at a time, and it took about 6-7 tsp all total. So, thanks, I really appreciate all the help, I hope you can stick with me til the end, and stay my friend in the future while I’m at it

3 Likes

Are you cleaning your pH meter occasionally with distilled water? Some even just keep it in about a half inch of distilled water they change once a week. More accurate when clean and kept wet. Never leave the cap off it unless it’s in fresh distilled water. Because really odd for your nutes to be that base, well maybe not. I usually only have to pH up when using boost, otherwise down. Just seems like a lot of down for veg, at ppms low like in veg 1ml would move a gallon for me 1.0. so if I was at 7.2 I would use 1.0 to get my preferred 6.2. consistently. Good thing you mention it, definitely something you want to try to investigate. I keep drops as back up on hand. Comes free with the gh up and down which were only $15. Just the drops are 13 on amazon. Kit 18 on amazon. Can’t link where I buy it. But Amazon for example. https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-pH-Control-Kit/dp/B017XTFKE6/ref=asc_df_B017XTFKE6/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=343269677504&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7235498583291540060&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1016367&hvtargid=pla-758667091664&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=77503953508&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=343269677504&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7235498583291540060&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1016367&hvtargid=pla-758667091664
Any dye leaked in the water source/color will throw the drops off. But when things start to get fishy with your meter they are a good thing to check with. Mine did it to me yesterday. Cheap ones can get moisture in them, and who knew, cheap chinese crap that goes in water isn’t made to even be splashed on. Pulled batteries and let it dry. It’s fine now. Was just next to my projector, condensation once. Lol

3 Likes

Wait it took 6 or 7 tsp of what. Are you saying it took that much to bring your ph down

1 Like

Before I got the bluelab combo meter I was using the cheap ones from Amazon I never trusted them so I would use the drops to double check the meter. It’s a good idea @DebbieM. They are easy to use it usually like about 5 mililiters of your water and you put like 3 drops of the soulution in and I changes color depending on your PH. Pool guys use the a lot

1 Like

In a pool setting the drops are perfect, no colors. If using tap water with rust in the lines, already got a yellow tint. Just gotta factor stuff like that in when using them with conscious thought and they are great.

1 Like

@abouttime @Jaydawg6528 @spyonyou @CalamityJane @patchman @Dankloud @Hellraiser @covertgrower @BigMommaC @yoshi The ph down is clear, I don’t know why the ph of my water is so high, last week it 7.2 I checked my calibrations on my meter, I have Aspera one $50 freaking meter, those yellow ones I couldn’t calibrate. I do rinse with distilled water. I have been using 1/2 tsp to measure it out. Needless to say I am glad I bought the gallon of ph down. I already went thru the 16 oz ph up in the set, and am on my third refill as the little bottle is easier to manage. I am seriously thinking of getting an under the sink ro filtration system. I am not in a position to buy water for the plants, I can’t carry it and it’s not cost effective at all. It’s a dilema, tho, as they are pretty expensive, and that will take the rest of my incentive that I might need for something else more of an emergency. Oh, what to do?

3 Likes