Something eating on my plant!

@SmoknGranny thank you very much ! :+1:

1 Like

@JBC13

If you really want to know we need pic’s other wise it’s just a guess and I don’t guess…sorry

2 Likes

Seems to me you could put up a little shade cloth to help with the heat of the day. The sun is way more powerful than any light out there.

1 Like

The holes can be caused by a many number of things, but I would suspect a worm of some sort. Hard to tell under that lighting, but I don’t see any yellowing around the holes, so I rule out white flies or thrips. Plus thrips usually leave lines instead of holes.

The leaves curling could be from you placing them directly in the Sun before hardening the off to such intense light. @Sasquatch is right on with the shade cloth.

If you can’t get any then I would find a location that only gets direct light in the morning and evening. If you can only do one, go for direct morning light.

You can slowly move them to more direct Sun over a two week period, giving them a little more time in the Sun each day.

The Neem oil…only spray it in the late evening. The oil will intensify the sunlight and damage even the hardiest plants. Most pests are more active at night anyway.

@garrigan62 doesn’t want to guess for good reasons. Guessing wrong could be the death of your girl, so he is really looking out for your best interest. Although, he does have an organic treatment for most pests.

One suggestion to help us help you better…pictures for diagnostic purposes are best done under normal lighting. The grow lights alter the true image. Colors and shades are important for seeing problems.

I can’t really help with the hydro question since I grow in soil outside, but it’s my understanding that you don’t want organic material in your reservoir due to clogging issues. If you try it, make sure you get all the soil out of the roots first. If you dont, there may be issues later.

I hope some of this is helpful to you…

1 Like

@garrigan62

Yesterday been oilwas suggested. I sprayed my 3 plants. They look wilted. I’m wondering if they’ll continue to grow or if I should start over. This is upsetting to me. The reason for the Bernoulli is one of the plants had tiny holes in it as if something was eating it.

1 Like

@garrigan62 neem oil sprayed on all 3 plants

Don’t give up.

If you suspect pests (and that’s what it looks like) I would strongly suggest you do a thorough, close visual inspection UNTIL YOU FIND SOMETHING. I accent that because you know something is there and it may take some effort to find the culprit. Look for a leaf that is folded up; worms like to wrap themselves in them to hide and eat. They will often drop off the moment they are discovered too.

Doesn’t quite look like a caterpillar; my experience is they like to work the edges.

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410 does it look as though I should try to bring them back? Pinch off the deadness or just start over? I feel discouraged with only 2 seeds left and going into July.
Sigh

1 Like

If these aren’t autos they should recover without affecting yield too much.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 these are Indian lights female. I touched the leaves and they’re soft. I hope they make it. I’m bunbed out. Yesterday I ordered new bites before this happened and I have only 2 seeds left.

@Myfriendis410, new nutrients ordered yesterday. Sorry for spellcheck

1 Like