Something eating on my plant!

Please help ! My 3 plants are outside. On one of my plants there are tiny little holes over it ! Can someone please tell me what could be doing this and are there any natural ways of eliminating them ? @SmoknGranny

1 Like

Neem oil works great. Your local hardware stores and even Wal-Mart has what you need. You always wanna use organic pesticides on your pot. Use the neem oil based 2-3 times a week and it’ll do great.

2 Likes

Be sure that when you do use it, get every part of the plant. Especially under the leaves and inner stalk. That’s where the little monsters like to hide. Good luck, grow on!

2 Likes

If your plants are under trees maybe you could move them. I was having centimeter sized caterpillar problems. Daily inspections and moving to other side of the yard seems to have helped. So far so good. Next stop. Wallie World for Neem

1 Like

Been oil ? What is it commingling used for ? Is there any natural products that I could make ? Do I delute been oil ? Thanks !

Neem oil. It is natural.
Neem oil is a vegetable oil pressed from the fruits and seeds of the neem (Azadirachta indica), an evergreen tree which is endemic to the Indian subcontinent and has been introduced to many other areas in the tropics. It is the most important of the commercially available products of neem for organic farming and medicines.
There are usually instructions on how to use it, usually you will dilute it in water with a spray bottle and spray your plants down with it.

1 Like

@Aolelon I’m on my way to pick it up. Will I need to respray the neem oil off later ? Thanks !

I dont think so. Its a really good product. Works well against almost everything.

1 Like

No rinsing. Let it set. Apply 2-3 times a week. Will not harm your plants.

1 Like

This is a premixed spray I bought the first time I started using it. I have a concentrate brand now. I just use this bottle to mix it in now.

2 Likes

Just make sure its extract of neem. I suggest purchasing the concentrated kind so you’ll have plenty to last the whole grow season.

2 Likes

@Drillbit @Aolelon I bought a spray with been in it, no measuring. I sprayed all 3 even though only 1 was effected. I then brought the one inside and placed her under grow lights. I thought about doing one in the hydroponic pot. Should it have 5 full set of leaves before it grows hydro?
I appreciate all of your advice. Just overnight and some critter got a hold of the one . Will my plant repair itself or am I stuck ? Thanks again !

1 Like

@Aolelon @Drillbit so much for spellcheck ! Neem oil !!!

The affected leafs are there to stay, but new growth should be good, as long as the bug doesn’t come back. Make sure to spray every 3 days or so for about 2 weeks.

1 Like

@Aolelon thanks for your advice. I’ve sprayed all three plants even though one was effected. I brought the one inside and placed it under the lights.
Do you have any info on hydroponic grows ? I would like to grow one hydro. I wonder if they need 5 sets of leaves first ? Also I only have miracle grow root starter. Is using that a bad idea ?
I look forward to your thoughts.
:smiley:

1 Like

Looks like you got some help. :slightly_smiling_face: From what I’ve read here and elsewhere don’t use Neem oil during flower. It will make your buds taste nasty seems to be the consensus. I have Spinosad, BTK, & Neem oil in my arsenal for bug extermination.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you :hugs:

2 Likes

@SmoknGranny All 3 plants have only 4 sets of true leaves. I sprayed all three even though only one was nibbled on. I brought the one in and put the other 2 in direct sunlight. The 2 plants had leaves curling. I brought them in and put them under the light. My prayer is that they’ll bounce back. All watered early this morning. Do you have a thought on what caused it ? Maybe the hot sun ? I don’t want to lose them.
They’re under the led full spectrum lights in an a/c room.
I’d appreciate your opinion.

1 Like

I gradually put my plants outside. Semi sunny 6-8 hours then back under lights until bedtime for about a week. Then in the semi sunny area 24/7 and finally in their permanent garden area. But I’m flexible with that schedule due to outdoor weather.
And yep the heat & sun can cause curling.
If you can take a picture and download it here when you run into a problem it will help others help you more. It took me a while to figure out how to do that :relaxed:
I think they’ll come back but don’t overdo watering them.

1 Like

@SmoknGranny as you’ll see the plant with tiny holes was also treated with neem oil as the other 2. I put the 2 in full sun and found the leaves curled. The three are inside under a light. Temp between 75-80*.
I lightly misted the curled leaves. One plant looks better the second one looks the same. Any hope ?

2 Likes

Yep. I’m going to ask @Myfriendis410 & @FloridaSon to take a look. Can’t hurt to get their opinions :relaxed:

2 Likes