Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong šŸ˜©

What brand of ph meter should I get?

(Just how I would do it). Id let them dry out a good amount like more than you would usually maybe take an extra day or so to let them dry up then just water a little little bit just to wet the top of the soil to see how it changes themā€¦

This is the ph meter I have but Iā€™m sure you can get another that looks just like it for cheaper like $12-15 maybe ever cheaper
https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Automatic-Temperature-Compensation-Measurement/dp/B01AI10NQ6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1493942658&sr=8-2&keywords=ph+tester+etekcity

This meter is only $15, I think I bought the one above and a TDS combo for about $30 but I think I just paid for a brand nameā€¦
https://www.amazon.com/Jellas-Household-Hydroponics-Aquariums-Resolution/dp/B00YBUH4RC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1493942758&sr=8-3&keywords=ph+meter

2 Likes

Yes it does look the same underwater and overwatering but your first picture wasnā€™t true light in your soil look dry now still kind a looks dry to me but thatā€™s my own personal opinion looks like youā€™re in good hands with the guys that are with you and ph is a must

2 Likes

@bob31 you the man

1 Like

Might want to back that light away too.
I have a marshydro 300 (140w) and. I have it at 30in on a plant fixing to enter veg,
Just saying it might be too intense
@Deer1

I gave them some water and they are coming out of it. Do most people water through each time?

@Deer1 those last set of pictures how long ago was that taken?

If those peat style pots are still even damp when you water again then you are over watering.

Those peat style pots can be a pain. I used them my last grow and I didnā€™t like the way they retained the water.

2 Likes

i recently went on vaca and bought this for the babysitter 2 know when to water maybe should invest very useful tool

i use distilled water and ph is still a little high

i water thru only let drip from the bottom u donā€™t want the water rushing out I recently experience the same

Grow pot cheaply on you tube has some good pointers, humidity for veg should be likeā€¦ 70% apparently, makes sense as they just want water everywhere and nice easy to grow like nuts climate. Mine did what yours are doing if you see the start of my grow, and I was actually underwatering! Which is a rarity for new growers apparently. Anyway, best of luck

Not the bebest example, but the leaves sort of curled downwards, after watering daily with a spray gun, they perked up

@Deer1
Definitely check the pH but I think your soil is too hot for that small of a plant. Your leaves are drooping but they are also twistingā€¦ usually a result of high/hot nutrient levels.

2 Likes

I took those yesterday . So I need to wait till the pot isnā€™t damp anymore?

Yes my leaves are definatly twisting.

If the soil and nutes were to hot should it have nutrient burn?

@Deer1. Not necessarily. Sometimes the plants can tolerate itā€¦ so they twist instead of burning. To be clear - itā€™s just enough to stress them but not enough to burn them. As a plant gets bigger they can easily use that amount of nutes.
:+1::smiley:

That makes sense! Thank you

1 Like