Someone help before I quit

What is RO water?

reverse osmosis

1 Like

Thank you ! Didnt knew

1 Like

Emailed the company for some more calibration buffer powders.

Nice. Now keep her properly calibrated. N dont forget that run off

So was your pH meter calibrated properly @Familyman?

This is why I said pH issues or over watering was the problem the other day. It’s easy to say you have a calcium deficiency, problem is most people who have calcium deficiencies are usually giving their plants calcium, which means there is some other underlying reason for the deficiency, right?

Giving plants more calcium or trying to foliar feed calcium into the plant doesn’t permanently correct the issue if the pH stays out of whack. People don’t realize that over watering causes sub surface anaerobic conditions and strain on roots which will inhibit the uptake of nutrients like calcium also. Also, over feeding can cause some deficiencies so make sure your not giving them too much fertilizer.
Point being: just because there is a deficiency present doesn’t mean is because of lack of fertilizer.

If he is still around for the day this guy can be of lots of help…

@Niala, can you take a look into @Familyman issues.

Here is his other thread too

3 Likes

Yes but when growing under LEDs there is usually issues with calcium and magnesium. I know he is growing with the Quantum Boards. At 2ml a g, when I think the recommended dosage is 3-5ml a gal might now be enough.

3 Likes

The calmag container recommends 2-4 ml per gallon so I started at the lower end.

And normally, if you are already giving regular fertilizers then a half dose of cal/mag is still good. I seen @dbrn32 talking about this not too long ago.

Look at your other bottles of fertilizers, do any of them have calcium in them also?

1 Like

I’m not feeding any nutes. Just whatever the FFOF provides.

1 Like

What does the back of the bag say? You need a well balanced regimen of nutrients. Over loading on calcium and magnesium only could make your problems worse.

You need to do a run off test like @PurpNGold74 mentioned to see how much fertilizers are in your soil

He mentioned pH but you need to test it for ppm’s also

XLUX Digital TDS Meter, Water Quality Tester, 0-9990 ppm Measurement Range, 1 ppm Resolution, 2% Readout Accuracy

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A0MHHBW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_IXZDBbPGMABAA

I think I may have one laying around d from my aquarium days.

Test the water that comes out the bottom of the pot with it

2 Likes

Run off is coming out at 6.3 ph

1 Like

I’m going to agree with others that it appears to be what we typically see under the high powered leds.

You’re probably not going to get by on just ff soil and the qb’s. Rate of photosynthesis is just going to be too high. What’s npk on calmag you have, and when you feed about how much nute solution are you giving? You’re gonna wanna grab a 2 or 3 part too. I’m not discounting the ph either, that’s equally important. But you’re gonna need a few more tools is all.

1 Like

I have FF big grow. Cal/mag is 2-0-0

Yeah it seems that these issues were multiplied after the new lights.

1 Like

I am feeding nothing

I always am cautious when adding things. I’m guessing it’s time to give them the juice.

1 Like

Found my TDS meter!

1 Like