Some questions about what's the next step for my grow? Switch to flower?

Here’s what i do with my shake and larf and trimmings. Use a trim bin and scrub the trimmings over the screen, collect Kief, press in Kief press into pucks heat in oven, great smoking hash.

3 Likes

Just smoked a piece a minute ago. Still killer after a year since pressing!

2 Likes

Hello again @Audiofreak, thanks for the detailed reply with pics too! I have bubble bags, 4 different sizes ranging from 25 to 220. Currently have 3 bags of trimmings (about 220 grams) in ziplock bags in the freezer. Am thinking of making a batch with ice water, and a batch with dry ice.

So I imagine the dry ice method would give me the kief similar to what you’re getting, correct? Or is dry ice hash and kief 2 different extracts?

I don’t understand why I would have to put the pucks in the oven afterwards. Won’t the thc get decarbed once it’s in a lit joint by the flame? So why use the oven also? Asking to learn here, not trying to dismiss your methods at all. First time making my own extracts, we just used to buy hash ready here before.

2 Likes

Im just following instructions i recieved on site, cant remember whome right now but i fill the press and tighten down as much as i can then put it (the press) into a 200 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remore and let cool and DONE. I have done it both ways (with and without the oven) but heating it seems to make it better! I dont fully understand the mechanism but the results speak for themselves.

1 Like

I’ve never done hash so I can’t speak of that… :man_shrugging::v::sunglasses:

Poor thing! LOL. I really enjoy hash, wish i could get the stuff we got in the 70/80’s.

2 Likes

Green Moroccan and blonde Lebanese, temple balls, black Afghani just to mention a few. Ohhh the good old days.

Kinda surprised i remember any of them LOL

Wow, that’s really interesting. Thanks for the tip and the detailed explanation, I’ll definitely give it a shot!

So, here’s the update for the Amnesia Haze and Blueberry which finished drying. @Graysin, @MeEasy, everyone else that chipped in:

Amnesia Haze dry came in at 118 grams. she smells really nice from the get-go, doesn’t have that musky smell the Critical did for the first days of jarring:

Blueberry unfortunately was very disappointing, yielding only 10 grams, really don’t know what went wrong with this plant:

So in total, I’m at:
Critical - 124g
Amnesia Haze - 118g
Blueberry - 10g
That brings me up to 252g :smiley: Quite happy with that result, and got about 220g of trim to make into hash, I’ll try finding some time next week to stay playing around with that.

Overall I’m quite happy for a first harvest. That should last me about 6 months, so I’ll manage to get another harvest in hopefully before this stock finishes xD Thanks sooooo much everyone, you’ve really helped me out on this wonderful journey.

4 Likes

Thats excatly how i do it…one girl twice a year, keeps me supplied all year as one goes away another comes in.

2 Likes

Man I’d get so bored. Do I need two pounds of weed? Not a chance. Do I like growing two pounds of weed? Absolutely.

3 Likes

Dang that blonde Lebanese hash sure looks delicious! You ever grew it? I’m very tempted after seeing it now!

That’s what I’m aiming for as well, twice a year but with 3 medium sized plants each time instead of 1 big one (I like having variety rather than just stuck smoking 1 strain till next harvest). I’ll try getting my timing right to avoid the June till August months for growing, it’s way too hot for them here. Sucks, cause growing is super-addictive!! Can’t wait for it to cool down a bit so I can get some new seeds started! :smiley:

Indeed, there is something that’s so nice and enjoyable about growing this plant.

1 Like

Ive been fortunate to find a technic that will produce between 6/8 ozs each plant and thats all my wife and myself need. Gives us an oz each month and thats plenty.

4 Likes

And really, that’s what it’s all about! I’m not quite there yet, I need a pound and a half to last me a year! My first indoor grow took 4-1/2 months and yielded 12.5 oz, so I know I can hit my target, especially now that I can start vegging my clones under a T5 for a couple weeks, can easily hit 2lbs with 4 plants.

3 Likes

Nicely done :+1: congratulations :partying_face::beers:

1 Like

If it works for you and satisfies your needs, then that’s all that matters. It’s nice being self-sufficient. There are so many different techniques to growing that it’s really not a ‘one size fits all’ sort of thing, it takes experimentation to find the technique that really works for you. I’m quite a fan of the Nebula manifold.

Wow that’s extremely impressive, I reckon you’re talking in at least a 4x4 space though yeah?

Cheers @MeEasy, your support when I was stuck in defoliation was invaluable. Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Its just the misses and me. So nice to not have to buy. I try to make it as simple as i can as im basicly lazy as Fxxx. Now that im old as hell and all beat to Fxxx so easy is good.

3 Likes

Yeah, definitely, it does get quite costly when smoking daily. Plus, growing is really fun as a process. It was the highlight of my day coming home after work and checking up on the girls, especially during plant training in the veg stage.

Well, it definitely is a commitment, I’ll give you that, and some techniques are more time-consuming than others, but then it’s up to each individual grower to see how much time they want to invest in the whole process.

@MagicCultivator420 yep, 4x4 tent and a little seedling tray with a dome and a T5 light. I’d like to get three harvests a year of 4, possibly 5 plants. If I take cuttings right when I flip the lights, I might be able to root them out and keep them under the T5 while the tent buds, then put those in the tent and begin again! one month veg and 3 months flower. Or I’ll get a 3x3 tent for veg.
But if I can get 10 oz three times a year, I’d be good!

1 Like

Yeah in a 4x4 2 lbs is doable from what I see and read. That’s a good strategy you mentioned with the cuttings under the t5, I think the 3x3 tent for veg will make your life easier though. I too wish I could squeeze in 3 harvests a year, but the summer months are just impossible to grow in here :frowning: Started facing heat stress issues late May/early June so need to try harvesting before then and drop some new seeds close to end August I think.
Dang right 10oz 3 times a year would be lovely! I’m almost in the same boat as you where I need around 9 oz every harvest to be self-sufficient, but I have half the space you do (I’m in a 4x2).

1 Like