Some like it hot

Thanks Dave101. I have a couple of plants that look like your pictures. I will take the appropriate steps. :sunglasses:

1 Like

@JaneQP
Would you be kind enough to share your method for re-amending soils.The first to be harvested are in Happy Frog and Ocean Forest.
I very much appreciate the willingness to chime in.
I was prepared to apply it as a topping off on some tomato and pepper plants I have planted in a hay bale garden as the soil migrates into the the hay with irrigation .

2 Likes

@jorkvilleyoe man that’s pretty awesome!! Not nearly as awesome as your old avatar though lol!

1 Like

I’ll be bringing that back into the rotation

1 Like

I’ll be bringing that back into the rotation.
You put composted material mixed in with some top soil and some amendments to provide a starting point and the hay composts over time providing more nutrients.
When the hay is used up so to speak you just spread it thinly in the surrounding area and pull down another dose of fresh stuff and pull down some more expanding the size over time.
In three years when that’s all used up dump a load of dirt on it spread it out about 3-4" thick and till it in and you now have something to plant in where once you did not.

2 Likes

@jorkvilleyoe I like it and it looks really interesting as well!

1 Like

The spiders and lizards moved in almost as quickly as I planted it.
I also have 1500 ladybugs and 500 praying mantises to distribute once they hatch amongst the three different garden areas.

2 Likes

@Dave101
@MrPeat
@Fieldofdreams
@JaneQP
@Newt
@Atticus1962
The new generation were in paper towels on June 11th. Two Whiskey Zulu Autos popped overnight along with one Skywalker Haze Auto on the 12th.
The rest of the Skywalker haze Autos popped on the thirteenth of June overnight.
That same day they went into solo cups with Lightning Warrior soil. The two Whiskey Zulus and One Skywalker Haze emerged from the soil the next day on the 14th of June and the rest over night June 14th and 15th
One notable fun fact is all but one of the 5 Skywalker Haze Autos (Dutch Passion Seeds)will require assistance removing the seed hull.

4 Likes

I picked up some Skywalker marijuana down in Southern Colorado and it was pretty good. I don’t
know if it was a Haze tho.

Some plant the helmet side down so it will generally pop it before it breaks surface. Just a fyi.

1 Like

@Dave101
@MrPeat
@Fieldofdreams
@JaneQP
@Newt
@Atticus1962
The new generation were in paper towels on June 11th. Two Whiskey Zulu Autos popped overnight along with one Skywalker Haze Auto on the 12th.
The rest of the Skywalker haze Autos popped on the thirteenth of June overnight.
That same day they went into solo cups with Lightning Warrior soil. The two Whiskey Zulus and One Skywalker Haze emerged from the soil the next day on the 14th of June and the rest over night June 14th and 15th
One notable fun fact is all but one of the 5 Skywalker Haze Autos (Dutch Passion Seeds)will require assistance removing the seed hull.
So from paper towels to up and out of the soil inside of 4 days. Not too bad. One of the SWA have only one cotyledon and half of it is white,hopefully it will sustain itself via the real leaves present ,which all of them have already.

2 Likes

I always cheer for the little one! I name my challenged plant of each grow Gary. My Gary this grow is a MAC and she is doing well outdoors. Good luck to your Gary!

1 Like

awesome strain,i’m holding off on photoperiod plants until the grow room is 100%.right now i have a door open and box fan blowing in there.I’ll be adding an ac duct as soon as the kids are out while the new group passes through seedling and early veg. It’ll only take a half day or so as I am no tin knocker and all the fans and the whole shot gets a sanitizing…So obviously for it to be vacant is a necessity.

its official Gary it is.Back to your re-amending soils…
is there a chance you would share your methods???

I take the used soil and dump it in a tote. I add more perlite and usually some more organic soil. I then add my earth dust base. Mix it all up. Keep it moist and drop in a plant in two-four weeks.

I try to keep it as simple as possible. Google the green sunshine company for more info on Earthdust.

There are other soil recipes here on the forum but I got overwhelmed with all the individual ingredients and what it would cost to make.

Let me tag in @MeEasy and @Storm who used Earthdust and their grows are beautiful. I know there are more using Earthdust but I can’t remember who.

Best to you (and Gary)!

1 Like

ty i’ll will certainly look into it.
One more question if I may…
If I were to reclaim the soil and amend it as you say,should i sterilize the reclaimed material and would it be feasible to store it in a safe/dry container until its needed say 3-4 months?

1 Like

I let my outdoor bags sit outside all winter and start mixing it up in in May. I do not sterilize or remove small roots from the previous grow just in case there is a remnant of a microbial colony.

That’s just how I roll. I am sure some of the amazing growers will chime in with other ideas.

I did empty a three gallon bag recently and was pretty amazed there were healthy white roots at the bottom after overwintering outside.

In the past I have added things to my soil like worm casings, ground eggshells, coffee grounds, soil primer, ironite - I like to experiment (and grow cannabis). :rofl:

3 Likes

all the thanks to you for your advice.
I’ll be listening constantly those that have done this. I like the idea of not relying on synthetic products.

2 Likes

My first grow was some potting soil from the shed, nothing added for increased drainage, and miracle grow nutrients (the blue stuff).

1 Like

how did it grow?potting soil should have had some perlite or something similar.

I don’t remember the potting mix having perlite. It could have been a succulent mix for all I know. Five miracle grow plants gave me just over 7 ounces.:rofl:. I am in no way knocking miracle grow since there is a grower here that has amazing results with miracle grow. Wish I could remember their handle.

Last outdoor grow when I switched to living soil and dry amendments I had one plant give up 3/4th of a gallon of dense sticky buds. I have to measure in volume because as soon as a plant comes down I have a lot of “taste testers” show up before I can even weigh!

I am hoping this big outdoor run will fill the pantry. I hate seeing family and friends spend $$$ on an ounce.

I am indebted to the growers here that helped me through my first couple grows otherwise I would have quit.

You are going to do well and continually adjust your approach for better yields.

I know their are a lot of hydro and coco growers here that will help you if you take that route.

Bottom line is find what works for you, your time, and $ available.

4 Likes