Some leaves look slightly wrinkly and serrated edges turned up

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Bag it and carefully pull it out, take outside to pull out of the bucket, seal and bury lol

1 Like

Clone each plant so if one is a really good phenotype you can continue the line! I would take a couple of clippings of each because I don’t have a 100% clone success rate lol

2 Likes

I did clone my biggest healthiest least picky one, she don’t give a damn if it’s 60° or 80°, humidity from 20% to 80%, wet, dry, I’ve never seen her unhappy haha.
So I’ve got 6 of her babies on standby, but not 100% sure what to do with them haha. I’m in the process of trying to get licensed to supply the dispensaries and I don’t know if they’d buy an unknown strain or not.
I’m hoping once the nature ones are deep in flower I can maybe narrow down what they could be by the look of the bud, but that’s probably a long shot…

2 Likes

Just call it Fallen Soldier or Unknown Kush. That seems to be the trend for “don’t remember the name” strains :joy:

1 Like

Bahaha good idea😅 if I can’t identify the “family” by the smell or look, guess I’ll have to. If that don’t work it’ll just be saved for friends/family + a learning experience on not building my room all stupidly haha

Name it!
Synyster Punch :boxing_glove:

1 Like

Ouch sorry to see that. :-1::+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Bahaha catchy!

@HappyHydroGrower yeah me too… I knew the risk was there growing from regular seed,
But damn I was really hoping the two whinier pickier ones would be the males. Been wanting to kill those lil brats for a month :sweat_smile:

@Graysin I can reuse the coco I used to uppot it to a 5gal, right? Assuming I’m careful and don’t get any of the male parts in it, like bag the plant and tie at the main stem then pull it out?
Its only been in it a few days, the cheapskate in me doesn’t want to trash all that substrate

3 Likes

Pollen is sterilized by water, so the coco will be fine as long as you re-buffer it like you should anyhow.

The cheapskate in me reuses all my growing medium. Literally anything that can be reused - only stuff I toss is my old root plugs or Rockwool cubes that have been shredded by big fat plant stalks. I reuse my coco, soil, rockwool, root plugs, hydroton, perlite, you name it.

3 Likes

Awesome, in that case I’ll spray the plant down before moving it just to be safe. Don’t think I’m too late or anything, those male parts have only been there a day, two max

1 Like

Agreed. None of em in the photo appear to be open or even really close to opening yet. Good eye.

1 Like

This is the other, I’m thinking also male just not as far along, or is it too early to be sure?

Definitely appear to be male. Rear growth on the first photo looks almost like a male flower that already tried to open. It seems confused about how it’s supposed to mature - makes me wonder if you remove those parts and let it keep growing if you’ll see pistils too. I kinda think you might.

2 Likes

Not sure why it looks that way, maybe just the angle, here is that exact part from the other side.

Hmm.
Eh, even if that’s possible, I don’t think I wanna risk possibly missing anything and ruining the actual girls haha. It’s starting to grow them on the bud stalks too so I’d probably be trimming like crazy. I think I’m gonna play it safe and try to find solace in my newfound walking room haha

2 Likes

Wise decision. If they’re everywhere, time to abandon ship for sure. I assumed it was just a couple here and there. You’ve got enough ladies that have been vegging long enough you’ll fill out the space regardless of whether you have 12 plants or 6. Just gotta remember to train em out sideways every chance you get

1 Like

For sure, yeah there’s stuff starting to develop on the bud stalks tips and it ain’t white hairs so I’m pretty sure it’s completely male.
Just sucks it’s two of the larger plants lol

I’m down to 4 of the larger ones and the 3 that were started a couple weeks later then got neglected in solo cups for a while, hopefully they pick up speed so I don’t feel like a bunch of room is wasted ha.
… And hope they turn out female, they haven’t shown yet, along with 1 of the larger ones… fingers crossed.

2 of the 3 smaller are tied, almost bonsai’d haha.
I had planned to train them all but once they stuffed the room I felt I didn’t have the space to do that,
But I guess now I can tie down the main stalks for better penetration. Better late than never, I’ll just have to do it kinda gentle, don’t wanna stress them too bad.

Off to your new destiny, providing trace amounts of THC and CBD to the plethora of insect life at the transfer station <3
You will be dearly missed :frowning:

1 Like

Ughhhhhh :persevere::persevere::persevere:
One more big one and one of the smallers that were rootbound showed their gender…

So im down to 3 of my biggers and one smaller that’s female, there’s another small-ish LST’d one that isn’t quite definitive yet but it’s not looking how I would want it to, so likely gonna be a 4 plant flower.
I wanted some room to walk but this is overkill ha​:unamused::rage:

Lesson learned. Only feminized seeds or clones from now on.

1 Like

At least you caught them before any pollination took place Good watching on your part :v:

2 Likes

Seriously come find me on IG - I’ll get fem seeds right into your hot little hands. Or clones. Or both. I seriously need to shut up and go cut my clones so they may have a shot at rooting :rofl:

Yep. Get some needle nose pliers and squeeze the stalk real hard where you plan to bend it, squeeze all the way around at different angles to soften the tissue 360° - then she’ll either fall over on her own or bend much more easily. I do this often with my flowering plants to get my canopy less chaotic. I would say even, but it’s still not that either.

Oof. Yeah. A bit much by way of space gain!

2 Likes