Some leaves look slightly wrinkly and serrated edges turned up

Hey bud sorry for late reply but the perlite acts as a deterent as it limits their food and its typically to dry for their liking. Hope that helps bud

2 Likes

I can definitely coat the top with it if it’s a good preventative, probably do it after watering with the Gnatrol a few times tho to ditch any larvae already in there.
It’s coco so their only real food source would be the root hairs, no other rotting organic matter etc.

2 Likes

I just scoped my stickytraps, originally I had thought these tiny dots were young fungus gnats but now I’m wondering if these are baby/nymph springtails?

For size reference here they are next to a medium sized fungus gnat

They’re freaken tiny, barely visible on the stickytraps. Could be mistaken for dust ha.

2 Likes

Thats what they look like. It looks like there is a mite in that top picture also @SynysterChris

1 Like

Dang, so I guess I have both gnats And springtails in there. Grrrr.

Luckily, the pic is kinda deceiving and that thing in upper right is just a chunk of coco-dust.
My stupid traps are homemade cuz I accidentally bought clear traps that were in a yellow Box instead of yellow traps,
So I put them on yellow construction paper and didn’t give myself enough extra paper to pick up and replace easily before/after watering :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That top picture upper right corner sure looks like a mite.

Oh snap do you mean the tiny red dot in the very corner?? I didn’t notice that before… I’ll rescope.
If you mean the bigger thing, I scoped that from different angles and it’s def a piece of coco, just happens to have that shape from this angle. The other side not visible has sharp angles and a corner like a cube ha

1 Like

I was talking about the bigger thing. Now you got me looking at the smaller one!! lol

1 Like

Yeah luckily the bigger thing is just coco dust with poor lighting and focus cuz focus was on the tiny springtails lol

Ugh now I’m worried about the red dot too😂
If it is a life form, it’s freaken TINY since the baby springtails are 100x bigger and even they look like dust compared to the gnat lol

I wouldn’t think a mite would be that tiny, but crap now I’m looking for it :rofl:
Into the wormhole I go haha

1 Like

Dammit haha I can’t find it again >_<
But I noticed something else, these chunky looking things with specks nearby some of the bugs

They could possibly be just chunks of the glue with dust stuck to them, but idk haha could also be eggs maybe??

Ugh I gotta put the damn scope away and just wait for the Gnatrol to come in the mail :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Put that damn scope away brother! you even got me zooming and scrolling! :rofl: :rofl: I think its nothing.

1 Like

Order some lady bugs :metal:

1 Like

Yeah that’s the best idea haha. Chances are whatever little jerks I’ve got a few of will be taken care of by the Gnatrol anyway.

@Underthestairs I used beneficial predators like ladybugs and mantis’ in the greenhouse/outdoor grow last season, but I don’t think I can get away with it in the flower room :confused: in such a confined space they end up stuck to the buds lol, and my crap gets scutinaly tested for the state and can’t have Any bugs, bug poop, etc.

It’s kinda ridiculous, they want zero pests, but also zero things that Eat pests, and zero substances that Kill pests.
On… A plant lol.
Even our grocery store produce has a certain tolerated amount of insects.

3 Likes

That doesn’t sound like fun to me :rofl: cheers to you!

2 Likes

Yup it’s truly not :sweat_smile:
The division seems to have No idea what they’re doing. They keep spending countless legislative/employee-hours writing up stuff, just to prolong it multiple times or redact it cuz it’s unrealistic lol.
The testing stuff is a big part,
Originally they wrote that the labs have to go collect test samples on site from anyone growing.
There’s only 3 labs in the state, and a chunk of the growers(me included) are below a federal border checkpoint that stated they won’t go against federal law.
So when that was unrealistic, they “rescheduled” it to be enacted like 6months later.
But did nothing to solve the border issue, refused to help fund a lab to open in the southern half,…
So after two reschedules now they finally set the date “to be determined” :rofl:

Im not overly worried cuz they can’t kill the industry, as idiotic as they are I’m sure they know if they kill the legal industry it’ll just live on as an illegal industry that isn’t taxed lol.

2 Likes

Woof. Cheers to you my friend. I’d be so stressed

1 Like

Oh I am :rofl: if I didn’t choose to laugh I’d be crying lol

Especially with the electronic track-and-trace system :sweat_smile:
I hate computers but have to put everything I do in an online tracking program that only functions half the time like a cheap phone app lol

I have to tell it when any individual plant reaches like 12" or 18" I don’t remember (cuz I kinda uhm, don’t do it :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Sounds a little asinine. But I’m hardly surprised that the government system in place is cumbersome and nonsensical. I’m happy to be watching you succeed :metal:

1 Like

Yeah I shouldn’t have expected any different from them haha. I started very naive :sweat_smile:
I’m pretty antisocial and never been a businessman, I wanted just me and plants and maybe see a computer and a human every few months.
It’s not what I thought :rofl:
Trying to adapt though lol
I recently learned from a shop now there’s even this online marketplace to connect growers and shops, that sounded really cool.
But it’s freaken 600$ a month :upside_down_face:

Raised my lights a bit lastnight, must have been overdue cuz the tops already look happier :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Graysin i got my Gnatrol, the directions give the amounts to use etc but doesn’t say anything about feed water. Can I use it with my jacks or should it be just plain water?
And if feed water, should I add it before or after nutes?

1 Like