Some leaves canoeing upward?

Noticed some of the leaves on the highest areas of my plants canoeing upward slightly. I think this is due to heat stress from the light? Am I wrong? I moved my light up to where the manufacturer specs say when in flowering stage. If it indeed was heat stress from my light being too close, will this problem correct itself now that I’ve moved the light away a bit?

1 Like

Could be wind burn, or low humidity. If you have a fan blowing on them make sure it’s an oscillating one.

2 Likes

You need to get temperature monitor, preferably one with rh reading and hang near top of canopy. This will allow you to know for sure if it is heat related. As @Covertgrower pointed out, other factors could be contributing to the issue.

2 Likes

I have an infinity t6 with temp and humidty control. That comes with a sensor and its hung midway one corner. I have temp and humidty sensors in each corner opposite staggered hieght mid to 30 inches from top of tent. I also have a temp and humidty sensor in the bottom corner opposite those three so I can calculate as precise as possible the temp/humidity at canopy level. The t6 sensor and the other three in the corners usually read close to the same, 74 to 80 deg f, and 50 to 57%rh. Closer to the bottom of the tent is 38 to 45%rh and pretty steady 73/74 deg F. The specs on the light that came with my tent say to be 36inch in flower and 30 in veg. I’ve had it at 30 and let it grow closer to the light. Its flowering now and the light was now about 24inches from top. I moved my light up in case it was too close.

1 Like

I also have those 4 little fans in each corner on low, and a small fan on the floor of the tent that I can change direction and speed on. I couldn’t find an oscillating fan small enough. They dont jerk the plants too crazy and they have short moments of stillness lol. I wanted also to pull cool air from the bottom of the tent up and have it circulate above the light to help the t6 out some. Its noticeable mostly on the top of the highest of all 4 of them.