Some cloudy and amber in there?

i am thinking close, this is my first and an outdoor grow in a very hot (upper 90s daily, 80 at night) and very humid area with 40% more than our typical rain totals this summer.

i am worried about last minute mold/fungus/rot, so want to err on the safe side. DCG_8022acrop

2 Likes

You want to check the trichome’s on the bud not the sugar leaf. Sugar leaf turns amber before the buds

2 Likes

Yup, your looking at the wrong place as stated above

2 Likes

Leaves will have the more mature trichomes. Make sure the bud itself is cloudy

1 Like

unanimous advice so thanks all!

1 Like

ok, so looking at the buds no ambr, but still some cloudy ones, and i think the buds overall will fatten more - they are noticeably fatter after the last 4 or 5 days. pistils turning brown too…

6 Likes

Until you are seeing 80% brown pistils dont even bother looking at trichomes

2 Likes

That’s a lot of white pistils still. Echoing @Indicanna_Jones - wait til more brown pistils before you stress the trichomes. Less time straining your eyes IMO.

2 Likes

There still fun to look at for me. Like shining stars, that smell great. Nice looking buds.

3 Likes

I admit it…I talk to my" Trichomes" :rofl:

3 Likes

thanks all, lots of stress here. i have sprayed neem and spinosad over the past several months, alternately, so the 4 or 5 neem sprays pre-flower i am hoping will keep the mold/rot/fungus at bay. also did a soil drench and each time the leftovers after spraying the leaves went to the ground. even added a little aspirin for grins.

anything i should add nutrient-wise at this stage? ? they are roughly due for some fertilizer soon, or now and then i make some compost tea and do a soil drench with that. just dont want to overdo it.

if i was only going to make oil, would it be ok to give them a neem spray? i figured that wouldnt be so bad if i did a wash after harvest, reading around the internet i hear the entire spectrum from DONT! NEVER!! to “i did it and everything was great!” so its tough to decide. i can easily spray the neem selectively

A little cal-mag sure made mine pop a bit. Go with the less nitrogen general hydroponics. 1-0-0.

I use that with Kool-bloom.

2 Likes

@W.B.elpaso very nice garden bro!

Thanks for the compliment. There alot of work even when there in your backyard.

And worth every bit😊 happiest time of my life.