Humidity; Day, Night
45%
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
Yes 6 in vent with 6in duct fan
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
AC and de-humidifier
Co2; Yes,
Yes baking soda and vinegar bombs once a day

Ok I believe that I have figured my problem out using a checklist I found on here and some a lot of researching the site but I just want some opinions and make sure I’m going in the right direction but here are several pics

Ok what I’m thinking is a PH problem I have no way of telling for sure just yet I have a PH pin ordered and on the way. I have done a flush on all 4 and they seem to be doing better in the new growth. I’m afraid to give them any Epsom salt to help with what looks like mag. shortage. Please just let me know if I’m going the right direction with these ladies I know there no way of telling for sure without knowing the ph form research on the site ph plays a very important role in heathly plants.

1 Like

I think you’re doing very well without a pH meter, get that squared away asap and I think things will straighten up quick for you
-best wishes

@Allen13420,

First Welcome to ILGM check out the other categories lots of great info there.

OK here is a pic looks the same as your right ?

Solution to fixing a Magnesium deficiency
Any Chemical/Organic nutrients that have Magnesium in them will fix a Magnesium deficiency. (Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients or it will cause nutrient burn!)
Other nutrients that have magnesium in them are: Epsom salts, which is fast absorption. Dolomite lime and or garden lime (same thing just called different) which is slow absorption. Sulfate of Potash, Magnesia which is medium absorption. Worm Castings, which is slow absorption. Crabshell which is slow absorption. Earth Juice Mircoblast, which is fast acting. (a must buy!! Has lots of 2ndary nutrients).
Now if you added to much chemical nutrients and or organics,( which is hard to burn your plants when using organics) You need to Flush the soil with plain water. You need to use 2 times as much water as the size of the pot, for example: If you have a 5 gallon pot and need to flush it, you need to use 10 gallons of water to rinse out the soil good enough to get rid of excessive nutrients.
Oklahoma

I hope this helps. If you want to do have more than nfo on this a f you want.

Will

2 Likes

First thanks for welcoming me to the site and thanks for the info @garrigan62 and @Paranorman I have been using the methods I have researched on ILMG with great success. And it has been a great help from not using miracle grow to ridding pests such as fungus knats… and anything I can’t find or have questions someone is always willing to help out. Great site and amazing forum! But back to the subject at hand I remember reading that a PH problem can cause systems of lack of nutes and I feed plants Epsom salt and mix blood meal at least once a week. So im waiting for ph pen to get here before adding more Epsom salt. After this grow im doing away with the miracle dirt in these buckets and going with compost i have made up of leaves, grass clipping, chicken poo, fish remains, and wood ashes with bone meal and blood meal mixed. Im really trying to go organic as i can and have some lovely sativa dominate hybrids called pink preador starting flowering at the moment they are doing very nice!

@allen13420)

I wouldn’t use that mix of soil for your seedlings. It would be way to hot for them. But great for vegg and flower…
Try to find soil for seedlings only.

Will

1 Like

I agree with @garrigan62 on that one. I just killed 10 WW fem seeds by being to impatient to wait till I could get good seedling soil. I started them in coco loco and they just dried up no matter how I tried to water them. I swear if I could get the from tail to sprout part down I would be a happier guy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Can’t blame ILGM cuz 9 out of 10 cracked so it’s all on me.

Yes I agree and also found out the hard way loosing 6 out 10 and 3 of them barely made to veg but then they took off and out grew the other 1 which was thriving from the start. Its a huge risk and I won’t do again but if they do make it though germ and seedling stage they go crazy from the stress but I will wait from now on until I can make it the store and get a bag of starter mix

One of the biggest things I think I will start recommending to new growers would be to find as many bag seeds as possible and practice germinating with them. If someone had warned you ahead of time you probably wouldn’t waste the good seeds!

3 Likes

But the problem there is @ktreez420 , that they have already ruined here first order of seeds
Its sad but I would think it would be up to the seed banks to ask the buyer’s up front if its there fisrt time growing. If so maybe send them first timer’s bag seed or something.

Will

1 Like

That’s a great point @garrigan62

Anybody that is a first tome grower should do the research…this site has plenty of info everyone should read before starting a grow…it’s not just as easy as putting a seed in some dirt and keep it watered, which is what I thought, but with mistakes and errors lessons are learned. I wish someone would have told me to start simple one or two is plenty enough for the first time. I agree with the bag seed theory start off cheap and learn what your doing before blowing money and just throwing it away because you have no clue. Lucky for me I was able to harvest my own seeds and don’t have to pay for seed a second go round. And have learned loads from the site and forum…shout out to everyone who makes the site what it is!

3 Likes

That was well said Allen and you know we will always be here to help answer any quesion, that mite come up.

Will

Well I finally got my ph meter and as I thought ph was 8.2 to 8.5…so I have flushed again with 6.5 and started feeding comeback boomerang from foxfarms, things are looking better and better everyday. Going to try a sog net this time any advice would be appreciated…

2 Likes

They ate looking good Allen. That P H was way out of range.
Keep doing what you are and you should be OK.

Keep us posted on your grow

Update on how things are doing…starting fourth week of flower in my first scrog it’s a 2.5’ x 3.5’ and got another one 40" x 60" hopefully in about 5 or 6 weeks it will be filled and ready to flower

3 Likes

Can you raise and lower the sides of your frame, that are angled? Looking great from last I peeked when you had pH problem. Nice recovery of your grow!

1 Like

No I made them solid but that’s not a bad idea and wouldn’t be hard to modify… I seen someplace where someone had the sides angled and it makes for a bigger foot print. I want to try a 360 scrog when I get more experience look to me that the way to get the most bang for your buck!

1 Like

Thank you they are looking so much better and thank everyone who helped steer me in the right direction

1 Like

Yeah, just screw an extension to the sides of your horizonal frame, at each end. Then drill through those pieces, and the frame pieces that are angled, and run a bolt through the two at each corner. Then the ends will be hinged. Sweet! I’m gonna hinge the frame I’m building.

2 Likes

Exactly the way I was thinking about doing it. lol, I can see a difference from the amount of light that is shining on the side compared to what is below the screen on the plants. It will help tremendously when they finally get up there and I can start training them.

1 Like