Solventless Rosin for Idiots

Maybe too many dabs :rofl::joy::rofl:
I bet he thinks it gives off the effect of :eyes::eyes::eyes: look how much I get… probably just douche bag shyt like half of YouTube :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:
If your asking why he uses bags it’s for quality the less micron the better quality

3 Likes

Update (steps I took):

Equipment:

1. 5gal 120 micron filter bag
  2. Two 5gal Home Depot buckets (clean & dry)
  3. 5# dry ice
  4. 0.01g scale
  5. Small airtight jar
  6. Fine fan brush (I’ve seen makeup brushes used in videos)

Steps:

1. Dump a few handfuls of trim into a 5gal bucket
  2. Dump some dry ice pellets into bucket
  3. Lightly shake/stir bucket
  4. Dump ice/trim into filter bag
  5. Place filter bag over the OTHER 5gal bucket
  6. Shake, shake, shake for a few minutes.
  7. Dump used ice & shake into container to let the dry ice melt away
    [repeat 1-7]
  8. Using fine fan brush, brush all the collected keif into bottom of bucket
  9. Pour collected keif into airtight jar

6 Likes

Only problem with dry ice is you get alot more plant material. For hash, your kief should be golden looking not so much on the green side. I usually just trim my plants on a trim tray. Usually do about 4 plants per grow. When your done trimming, gently sift the trim back and forth across the screen. Brush it into a pile and repeat. Continue this process til the kief left behind is minimal. Gather it, put it in a press ( you can get that on Amazon for about 12.00) tighten it down, put it in a toaster oven at 175 for about 15 minutes. Take it out give it 1 last crank and let it cool. Here is my end result.

2 Likes

Excited to see you press this into honey :honey_pot: :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:
I await your greatness :grin::grin:

Ok. Isn’t that hash?

Yes. If your just lookin for rosin, just get a rosin press. Its not rocket science.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Just being an :eggplant: for obviously no reason … because making hash isn’t rocket science either…
@Autofreak - bro smoke one that was a little out of left field.
The title: solvent less rosin

1 Like

Not trying to be a :eggplant:. Sorry if it can across that way. But, for your answer follow this link EasyPresso™ Mini Rosin Heat Press for Solventless Oil Extraction - YouTube

1 Like

I have that press and I don’t use it… gonna list it on eBay in the next couple weeks (lazy) gonna be $80 sh included. Lmk if ya want a tag for the link

I’ve made a couple of presses with flower (Super Lemon Haze), and certainly smokable flower but not the most stickiest resinous buds.

But I’ve only managed to get around 8% yield (it smells great, smokes great). I was expecting something more like 15%, higher with tuning. Am I doing something wrong?

210F, 160u bag, 60 sec preheat, 80 sec press @ ~1000psi

Pressing flower produces less yeild especially if it’s not sticky icky buds. Lower your heat and press for a bit longer. You don’t need a bag when pressing flower.

Aprox how much keif does it take to make that much???

Quite a bit. That was the sifted trimming of about 6 plants plus about 1/2 ounce of some mediocre flower i grew last year.

I got 10g of keif from last plant is that enough to mess with or not?

10 grams will give you a nice little hash puck.

These were the pucks i got (no heat) just pressed. Not sure how much to fill press with at a time.

1 Like

I put as much as i can in the press. I have an octopus keif jar. When thats completely full, I load it into the press

How long will it keep and how to store? I keep my pucks in an airtight cylinder.