Solo cup help needed

Hey guys it’s me again. I have been intrigued by this “solo cup” challenge and plan to participate. Just have a few dumb questions and ideas. Is it logical to run a photo on 12/12 from seed? Just curious if anyone has ever done that. Right now I have 2 autos and a photo running in a 2x4x5 on 12/12 light. Would it be a waste of seed to throw a solo cup photo in the tent now? Or should I got with auto? I only have White Widow auto from ilgm my others are photoperiod feminized from ilgm

1 Like

Auto would do fine under 12/12. That’s just me.

2 Likes

Yeah my autos now have been under 12/12 since day 1and imo they’re doing great!

1 Like

Staying in a solo cup it’s whole life will affect yield even more, but kinda the point of a “solo cup challenge”, to see what level of crazy plant you can keep alive in a solo cup with the ultimate goal of flowering it out and getting some bud, if anyone can get that far. This is for fun, not for yield. I have a couple solo cup challenge plants growing, with one being a secret contender that I have not revealed yet.

3 Likes

Basically what the autos do? I think I may try to experiment.

1 Like

Good experiment for a solo cup challenge, I’d do it.

1 Like

Point taken.

1 Like

@MrPeat grows some monster photos under 12/12 I do believe. I dont think it’s going to mess anything up, like was stated earlier, the worst thing that could happen is it flowers at exactly 3 weeks in and is a smaller plant, but being in a solo cup its going to be a smaller plant anyways.

3 Likes

Secret contender you say, im not going to cut some clones for this reason lol.

2 Likes

@CoyoteCody Is correct…I grow strictly on a 12/12 start to finish. I have been doing this since I started in May 2018. I also put my seeds with tap roots straight into their 15 gallon fabric pots.

Better lights is what makes a 12/12 a success. :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Being the rookie of the competition I went with a “blurple cup”

I really hope it pulls through for me :rofl:

On the other hand…my light is a marshydro sp250. It’s done okish so far I think. My tent is getting crowded though so I really hope it pulls through for me!

2 Likes