Solo Cup Challenge!

Oh not gonna be over the rock but a super ball that is black and green. Lol. Changed mind as the rock makes it kinda top heavy already. Lol

5 Likes

that is an awesome challenge. Good luck to you sir!

3 Likes

Here we grow! First try. Couple deets…

Skywalker OG by ILGM

3 days vertical

FFOF

Jack’s 321 and Fish Sh!t

HLG Diablo 200

I just raised her 6" because of the stretch and she’s currently at 400ppfd, with 18dli.

Running 12/12, because of size and space, plus, because she’s in the tent with 3 other photos at 2-3 weeks flower (Purple Punch, Godfather OG and Cream Caramel CBD). She should start flowering about the same time they’re done. About 6/7 weeks. Clear solo, in a red solo, in a 24oz red cup.

10 Likes

Right on Grow Bro :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Setting up a quadline? :metal::metal::metal:

2 Likes

Not sure yet. I’m gonna do something to her lol. I may see if I can’t do a quadline for for mains and lollipop it. I want so badly to try lollipopping. The only thing with the light schedule is I’m not sure what I can do before she flowers.

3 Likes

I don’t know how you folks grow such large plants in these things. Gotta be some kinda voodoo magic or some sh*t!!

But I keep trying! :joy:

At least this one flowered decently. My last attempt yielded an eighth zip of popcorn buds dry. :rofl:

Edit to add: I used Grow Dots for this one.

8 Likes

Nice man beautiful bud 2

1 Like

It’s an auto?? If ur gonna lollipop I’d say wait til u have buttons showing then lollipop and defol and leave her be. U don’t wanna mess up when she makes buttons by stunting her. If me after the buttons are showing then strip her down nice work man

2 Likes

If that’s a photo plant lors do root trims on the solos which allows more room in the cup for more roots to grow. More root growing is more plant growing also well usually lol. Before flower do a good root trim by cutting off a inch to inch and a half of the bottom roots fill cup that much u cutoff with new soil or coco and put plant back on top that. Roots will grow into that new stuff and allow the plant to get bigger. I do think that trimming roots has a big play in the plants growing nice and big in small pots

1 Like

No it’s a photo. I have her in the tent with other photos that are 3-4 weeks in flower, hence the 12/12. Plus, being in a solo I don’t want to veg her for for a long time.

8 days up. Raised her another 4". Gonna have to wing it on lighting a little, my Photone and PPFD app’s aren’t working right. No change after deleting and downloading again…

8 Likes

Is this to show what we have in solo cups?

Nah - growing a plant from start to finish in a Solo cup…

3 Likes

It’s an auto that started out kinda weird…which had more to do with genetics than anything I think…and never took off once she popped. That’s why I left her in the Solo cup and didn’t transplant to a larger pot.

The strange part is, she doesn’t fill the cup with roots as much as I would have thought. After you guys posted your comments, I pulled off the outer cup to check…and it’s not that full of roots. I feed her every other day and finally got that large bud.

I’m not sure I have the wherewithal or patience to trim roots, although I may give it a try next time.

2 Likes

Skywalker OG going strong 14 days up…

10 Likes

Heeeeeey @kaptain3d !!! I’m at 3wks topside, today. I got pistils already! I wanted to top and lollipop for 4 mains, but I’m hesitant now. Whatchu thinking? The pistils are at the 4th node, and the 5th is opening, with the 6th popping up.

4 Likes

When I go that “route”, I wait for the 6th node to start developing, and then it’s big/strong enough to top at the third or fourth node… :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Man as bad as I want to, I don’t want to end up stunting her, since she’ll be in full flower before too long. She’s running 12/12 since others are over halfway thru flower.

2 Likes

Top and pop, but give her a couple weeks at 18 under another light?

3 Likes