Soldiers all in line: my Crystal Experience

Got to try your brownie recipe! Going to make tinctures with an oz. What did you harvest? I had one seed not germinate & planted all others.

3 Likes

I like the idea of replacing the water for cannabutter. I’ll be doing that my next batch. I love the long lasting effects of edibles. It’s so easy! No coughing, choking, no lung issues…:heart::evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

And What A Good Buzz!

My harvest amounts aren’t a good judge of the plant’s potential. It was my first grow and sub-optimal. I got 4.76oz of bud off 4 plants. I had two plants that were foxtailed bad so I just cut them up for the trim bag. I had around 20oz of trim. I didn’t defoliate or remove anything on them. I didn’t have enough light.

3 Likes

As long as you get some good smoke & learned valuable lessons, we just go on & next time succeed a lil more. I could look at a houseplant & it would die. But i couldnt afford the street $ so luckily i found this forum. What do you have growing? Id love a look.

4 Likes

Right now I’m in week 5 of flower with one Gold Leaf and one Super Silver Haze:

2 Likes

Theyre looking good!!!. I can promise youll get a much better yield this time! Congratulations my friend, take some closeups & enter in bom. Never know, your girls may be prettiest on the block

1 Like

To give you an idea how far I came from my first grow to this grow, here is my first grow around the same age:

3 Likes

Whoa, thats the crystal? To be honest i wouldnt of thought same grower from pic 1 & pic 2. Isnt it awesome we came here & was given all this knowledge? I can tell a 100% improvement, it shows you investigated your mistakes, corrected them & Happy Days being rewarded for it.
Good job my friend!!!

2 Likes

It’s funny, look at how many people it takes several attempts just to get plants to harvest. We tend to have very high expectations of ourselves. I think you and @Laurap ar both rocking it!

3 Likes

I know - which is why I regret that I dropped all 10 of the seeds I had. I would love to have a Crystal seed to grow now that I have a basic clue of what I’m doing! I think I could rock one now. Oh well. Maybe I’ll still find a seed in my last ounce.

@dbrn32 really helped me out. I didn’t have a good understanding of lighting and just bought a “big” LED panel thinking it would be okay… well that’s clearly not true. :slight_smile: I also didn’t come looking for help on anything (because honestly I didn’t see anything wrong) until a couple weeks after the stretch, so too late for me to really help these girls see their full potential. Lesson learned!

I also only vegged those six plants for 28 days. The two I have now I vegged for 60. I might actually try a SoG grow some day, but it will be intentional and with a plan… I had this grand plan I was going to SCROG those 6 Crystal plants… all that amounted to was me having a trellis net I had to cut out of there when I harvested.

1 Like

Way too kind but ill take it! Even with the awesome seeds without forum i might not get to level im at now for many more grows

2 Likes

So ive got approx 12 days till harvest depending on girls. I decided i wanted to turn them & doing so i look up & i see a top going in a very unnatural way. I broke the top not totally off but super crop broke. With so little time left its probably best to just cut her off. :frowning_face:

4 Likes

Soot it only takes them a day or 3 to heal,and in these last days that stress could make her surge resin .
Not enough time to hermie, so I’d patch her up and let it ride

3 Likes

I left her as the outside wasnt broken only inside stem. Figured if it looked dead in couple days, then id have to just smoke her. My attitude towards aggressiveness has improved but sometimes Ouch. A little too much.

8 Likes

@SmoknGranny, how you doing Boo? Frozen yet? Once again humiditys raising its ugly head But This Time ive got a dehumidifier.

2 Likes

That’s turning out to be an essential piece of gear these days. …

1 Like

In Texas, a Must!

1 Like

Need advice please guys. Ive been reading about stem splitting. Some here are actually splitting twice, why? Does it make that much difference? Also this will be my first attempt (hippie grow last time) so split 5 days before my darkness period or 5 days total including 48 dark?

3 Likes
4 Likes