This is one of the bottom’s of the inside bucket. I used a length of perforated drain pipe to set the depth of the bucket. The holes is the bottom of the yogurt container lets water into the wicking chamber. The small holes are for drainage and air. The large one is for the 1" pvc water tube.
This unnecessary. I put hydroton balls in the bottom of the container.
I used a piece of landscape fabric to keep the soil from falling through holes and filling the water reservoir area.
You pack the medium into the container which sits in the water. It literally wicks the water up into the medium. I used a high porosity peat mix in these. They are ready to receive the transplants
Here is another variation. This one is a 4 gallon nursery pot inside a 5 gallon bucket. I lined the nursery pot with landscape fabric so it would act as a wick. I did it this way rather than using a separate container.
I transplanted into it on 4/8 and did my LST
Here she is three weeks later on day 72
. She is happy. I have her under low watt veg lights. I am trying to keep her small until I have space to grow her out. She is in coco. All are being fed Jack’s.
Just having fun trying some new ways