Soil suggestions for grow #3

SOIL suggestions

Jeez- too high. I tried to edit the first post and I took so much time that it would not let me edit it! Its actually grow #2, and I am looking for a different soil this time. I would like to get recommendations, because my memory is not good enough to remember what all of you use. I know about Fox Farms ocean forest and happy frog. If he would tell me, I would love to know what @Hoppiefrog uses. I am into the natural way of doing things. Organic just sounds like a “trendy” word to me. Thanks everybody!

1 Like

Hey there friend :blush: I keep it simple tbh. If I had access to coco this crop I would have coco in my mix but 25% coco 25% promix HP and 50% perlite is the mix I was aiming for. In reality I ended up w 4 different mixes some w vermiculite and some w a mix of vermiculite,perlite and promix.

1 Like

I will throw in the mix I use for consideration

1 Like

@patchman

This is all organic And Welcome to our world of growing and to our awesome community.

1/4 Recipe
2 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and my corrhizae (i.e., your base soil)
6.25 to 12.5 lbs of organic worm castings
1.25lbs or 20 ounces steamed bone meal
1.25lbs or 20 ounces bloom bat guano
1.25lbs or 20 ounces blood meal
3/4 lbs rock phosphate
3/16 cup or 3 tablespoons Epsom Salts
1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons sweet lime (dolomite)
1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons azomite (trace elements)
1.5 teaspoons powdered humic acid

1/8 Recipe
1 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)
3.125 to 6.25 lbs of organic worm castings
.625 lbs or 5/8 lbs or 10 ounces steamed bone meal
.625 lbs or 5/8 lbs or 10 ounces bloom bat guano
.625 lbs or 5/8 lbs or 10 ounces blood meal
3/8 lbs or 6 ounces rock phosphate
3/32 cup or 1.5 tablespoons Epsom Salts
1/16 cup or 1 tablespoon sweet lime (dolomite)
1/16 cup or 1 tablespoon azomite (trace elements)
3/4 teaspoon powdered humic acid

4 Likes

@patchman; I just started my 4th grow. I’m trying FFOF on the bottom half of a 5gal pot and FFHF on the top half

Here is how I do my soil grows:

The Ocean Forest is mixed 3:1 with Perlite.

Thank you @TommyBahama- I had already downloaded your diagram there.