Soil preparation?

Yes, use the mycorrhizae, no matter what.

1 Like

I don’t use myco on the plug itself but, if you go look at my germination process above, you’ll see that I lay each sprouted taproot in myco powder before I put it into the cube. Mycorrhizae only works if it comes in direct contact with a root. Then, I usually don’t water the plug again because I put it into soil as soon as the seedling emerges. There’s usually plenty of moisture retained in the cube, if it’s in a covered tray, to last while the seedling emerges. When I put it into soil I sprinkle a little mycorrhizae powder onto the sides of the hole before I insert the plug; and I water with myco (I’m using Great White) added to the water along with House & Garden’s Root Exelurator. After that I add myco to 1 feeding every 2 weeks.

@DTOM420. What ratio do you mix the Great White and water? Mine just arrived and I’d like to get it in my plants ASAP. Will be using it on some seeds I’m germinating in the next day or so.

@DTOM420. I just found the mixture and other uses on line. So no problem there. I didn’t know if mixing it with water was some personal recipe that you had or not. I’m sure I’ll have more questions. Never figured a grow like this would involve so much. Don’t get me wrong I’m enjoying every bit of it.