going with soil for my very first grow. i’ve been reading a bunch and ordering supplies.
for the soil, i’ve narrowed down my mix ingredients to:
- ff happy frog organic soil - 24 qts/6 gal
- perlite (for aeration) - i’m thinking 1 gal
- dolomite lime (as ph buffer) - going with the 1 oz lime/1 gal growing medium recommendation (7 oz)
- food grade diatomaceous earth (figured it can’t hurt, plus might help with any bugs/larvae in the soil)
- worm casings (for nutrition boost)
i still need to figure out and check some of the amounts based on the gallons of soil i’ll have. the one thing i don’t want to overdo are the worm casings, as i’ll also be using the ilgm beginners kit for nutes.
just thought i’d post this here in case anyone had thoughts or strong opinions on the mix/amounts (hoping to learn more). this is for a single plant grow to start, in a ~2’x4’x5’ tent. i’ll be sure to post what mix i end up going with once i get started growing. thanks!