SOIL, playin around

For my first try in soil I started 3 auto seeds in 7 gal cloth pots/Happy Frog at 18/6… 2 of them went to flower at 2 weeks, 1 kept vegging. 3 weeks in, I moved the 1 over to flower area at 12/12 to try to get it to bud. Now that they are 5 1/2 weeks in and buds started, I want to move it back to 18 hours. Is this a colossal screw-up?

2 Likes

Don’t think so. Can’t say for sure as I’ve never done it. People switch plants from 18/6 to 12/12 to sex them and then reveg them pretty regularly.

3 Likes

Those autos are gonna bud no matter what light you put them in 18/6, 12/12 it doesn’t matter. One light schedule my help initiate when it buds or prolong when it buds, but it won’t dictate the budding process

4 Likes

yeah, hoping they don’t herm or reveg, just want buds to get bigger. it has a bunch of smaller buds, while the other 2 are growing single huge colas.

@bryan I did that with Northern Lights and it gave me a pretty nice plant with 6 colas and about 2oz dry. I don’t think it made a huge difference, but I’m growing 1 amnesia haze and 3 northern lights autos started with 10 widow fems, on a normal veg/flower schedule this grow, so I’m going to find out if the light schedule (I use 450W veg and 1000W flower) or the intensity of the light matters most.

I was motivated to try soil this grow after watching @peachfuzz @Hogmaster @Yoshi for the last year. (And watching everybody else outgrowing me) My biggest hydro hurdle has been that the pistils go almost totally red before the buds enlarge. About same strength as what I have available local, but the flavor is missing after full cure. Been wondering if I have too much light on em. Running about 40 true watts/SF in veg, 55 in bloom area.

1 Like

Are you using hps or led lighting?
I was growing primo medicine in soil but was never able to get a gram per watt in soil… only 3/4 of a gram per watt…
Now that I got my rdwc units dialed in , I just pulled over 2 lb’s dry of primo medicine under a 600 watt hps in a 3’ x 6’ scrogg… :wink:
My yields have been getting pretty ridiculous and I’m having a hard time keeping up with my girls … I have actually started lowering plant number’s just to be able to keep up… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

6 Likes

LEDs. 2 MarsHydro 600s in veg, 2 1800 watt cob leds in bloom. I know ya showed me the pic of your rdwc, but having trouble figuring out where to put the holes and height. I do better with a crayon drawing on a sheet of paper, unfortunately. The plan now is continue three 5 gallon buckets in water, stack grow area with 5 gallon cloth pots. For Christmas, I bought single seeds of the strongest strains I could find. The last 3 of 12 different strains popped yesterday. Think I may run an air pump tubing down into the soil to add o2, lol.

2 Likes

got any picks pics?

2lbs dry thats like 4-5 wet out 2x6 1 light like to see pics.

1 Like

Just tagged you to my thread… :wink:
Enjoy… :wink:

1 Like

Sorry didnt wait i couldn’t picture configuration

1 Like

Actually , it’s about 8 to 10 pounds wet… :wink:
It’s almost like taking out the trash… but in a good way… lol

3 Likes

I wish i could do scrogs and such but i get around in a wc so no room to maneuver so i have to do it old fashion way but i bought another light to flood my 4x4 its just a hobby i gave most of last batch out for holidays but nice set up

2 Likes

Hey could you tag me also :ok_hand:

2 Likes

My scrogg tables hang in the middle of the room with 2 feet all the way around to get to the whole scrogg from every angle… :wink:
The reason I hang it from the ceiling is so there’s no legs to kick and I have better access and it makes adjusting it to different heights a breeze… :wink:
I also have 1 inch thick styrofoam walls that hang from the ceiling to direct light right to my girls… :wink:
I built this room strictly for this hobby… :wink:
I really shouldn’t call this a hobby… I’m able to help alot of people that really need it… my wife and lil sister especially… :wink:

4 Likes

lol, at what point does it go from hobby to obsession? I have always saved the last seed of a strain. Then I ordered some single seeds. So what the hell, I planted them all… counting the ones I began today, I have 20 plants, 19 strains. 2 Tutankamon plants, 1 for soil, 1 in 6 inch rockwool block.

1 Like

its good medicine the world needs to wake up my grandmother was using cannabis for pain in the 40s. i have to admit i’m just an older version of the 13 yr old stoner kid no regrets i like to get stoned . I wish i had room that hanging idea is brilliant in my case but the grow bags are big help they slide real easy on tent floor Ive always grown out doors But im sure once i get a few grows under my belt indoors ill start getting good harvest

5 Likes

I’m here to help you achieve your goals my fellow cultivator … :wink:
Just tag me if you need some info… :wink:

4 Likes

I for sure will agree that it’s an obsession… :wink:
To be honest I only smoke a joint a day after work… :wink:
The medical dispensaries in my area try to charge 325 to 475 an Oz… there are so many people that can benefit from this medicine that it makes no sense to charge them outrageous prices and cause them to go bankrupt to help themselves feel better and be better and actually be healthier then if they were to take the government prescribed medications…
they only seem to make things worse… I’m happy in life knowing that I can help people… I get more joy out of that than anything honestly , how weird… :wink:
Now I’ve come to a point that everything is turn key… I just need good helpers that I can trust… what’s wrong with the youth of today… I wish someone like me offered me a job like this when I was younger… :wink:
I’ve had to work for everything I have … and really that’s just peace of mind… but either way… in my future you will work for what you need … and if for some reason you can’t and you need a lil help … well what other purpose do I have in life if I can still help you out in your most painful time in life… :wink:
Sorry for the rant… :wink:
Good vibes for all of you that read this… and also the people that don’t… :wink:

6 Likes