Soil pH do you pH mutes 6.0?

Hiya guys and girls,
I’m growing indoors with dirt pH of dirt is 7.0,
So do I pH nutes to 6.0 so the run off is 6.5??
Thanks

If it’s soil, the pH of your water or your nuted water should be 6.5. If it’s soilless (coco based), 5.8. Check out the grow guides and download the grow bible. It’s not an overwhelming amount of reading and has a ton of good tips. Good luck.

Yeh sorry its soil, i tryed hydro but had nightmares with the unstable pH, I’ll leave that for the pro’s lol!

That’s gr8 thank you… :relaxed: :hushed:

Just check your runoff, once you’re watering to runoff. If it’s high, then next water/feed go lower, opposite if it’s low.

To start, though, adjust everything to between 6.3-6.8, with 6.5 being the sweet spot.

2 Likes

Nice one thank you

I’ve run into a problems with the EC I feed at 900ec but runoff is 3000 odd, plants are pale, don’t get it ¿???

3000ec is getting high. Got some pics of your plants? Also, you have been watering at 6.5ph, yes? What is the pH of the runoff?

You most likely have a Ph problem which is causing nute lockout. So even though you’re feeding, the plants can’t absorb the food. What is your Ph?

1 Like

Hiya thanks for the reply bud

OK I’m using peat free compost with perlite, I pH to 10 and runoff pH is 6.3 6.4 and ec shoots up to 3000 even tho to start with its 900 by the time its run through pot its crazy ec, don’t get it

It sounds like that compost is very hot, so when you feed you’re getting the nutrients out from that compost, that’s why your PPM is so high.

You’re Ph-ing to 10 to get 6.3 runoff?! Wow, that alone could kill a plant. I wouldn’t go over 7.5 when Ph-ing. How do your plants look, can I see a pic?

External Media

raustin

Regular

November 10

It sounds like that compost is very hot, so when you feed you’re getting the nutrients out from that compost, that’s why your PPM is so high.

You’re Ph-ing to 10 to get 6.3 runoff?! Wow, that alone could kill a plant. I wouldn’t go over 7.5 when Ph-ing. How do your plants look, can I see a pic?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

bubblebasher

November 10

Hiya thanks for the reply bud OK I’m using peat free compost with perlite, I pH to 10 and runoff pH is 6.3 6.4 and ec shoots up to 3000 even tho to start with its 900 by the time its run through pot its crazy ec, don’t get it

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Crazy init !!!

So less soil more perlite I would think maybe???

I think I would mix that compost with some coco to lighten it up, definitely add more perlite. It looks like your girl is doing ok though, and not minding that hot soil, so unless she shows burning, I wouldn’t worry about it.

OK thanks for your time bud… :relaxed:

I would not add any nutrients to your medium for the time being and just water to runoff with 6.5pH water when the top 1/2" of so of sol is dry. Keep checking the runoff pH an ppms. She looks okay in the pic.

Thanks bud, yeh I’m not adding nutes just pH ing water
Till I get some coco coir then do a soil mix with hardly any soil lols!

Plants behaving now they starting to green up on leaf’s.

I’ll send in pic when they in flower.
Thanks again :hushed:

1 Like

pH or (potential Hydrogen) - the measure of soil’s acidity or alkalinity, measured on a scale of 1 to 14. Water is considered neutral at PH 7. PH levels below 7 are classified as acidic, or “sour”. Levels above 7 are basic, alkaline or “sweet”. Most plants prefer a slightly acidic soil pH of 6.0 to 6.5.

@James68 For cannabis grown in soil, the best range is 6.3-6.8, with the sweet spot being 6.5.

2 Likes