Soil pH = 5.7 @ runoff

hi again. so…first let me post details on my grow.

Strain; WW feminized from ilgm

Soil in 5gallon buckets

System type? SubCool SuperSoil

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? 5.7pH @ runoff

What is strength of nutrient mix? TDS @ runoff = 223x10

Indoor or Outdoor: indoor

Light system, size? 1,000W HPS and 400W HPS

Temps; Day, Night 79f/68f

Humidity; Day, Night 36%-57%

Ventilation system; yes, 6" intake and exhaust.

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, no, no, no

Co2; no

So for the most part things have been going perfectly.

seeds germinated perfectly,…veg’d for 4 weeks in happy frog with light nutes, as needed.

transplanted into 5gl. buckets and filled bottom 1/3rd of bucket with “SubCool SuperSoil” and the rest with more happy frog. as per instructions.

as you can see in pics…they have been thriving, 16 days into flowering.

but the very light green had me concerned a bit, so i started asking questions. and double-checking things.
it turns out that my pH is off. despite SuperSoil creators claiming the soil would buffer and balance the pH naturally.

tested runoff today by,…watering plant with bucket-in bucket and got some startling results.

5.7pH from runoff. and TDS of 234x10.

if those readings are accurate…wouldnt i see more signs of issues? i calibrated my tester just a few days ago, so i dont think thats the problem.
tap water starts at 6.8pH and 030 ppm.

the only things worth noting is that the new growth takes a few days to get darker green,…which i believe is fairly normal.
very very slight nute burn at the tips…again, fairly normal.
growth has been on track with my expectations and havent noticed any slow down at all.

im inclined to leave “well enough alone” but those readings concern me.
ideas?

1 Like

Any where from 5.5 - 6.5 range - run-off ok - but could be a bit higher-- leave alone

thanks for input.
1 thing i read a while back has never left my mind…marijuana plants thrive on neglect!! hehe

1 Like

Looking good and your Ph may need to be a little higher just watch for signs of lockout if you see any add some ph up get your water to 7 it will slightly raise ph to 5.9-6 at run off

good news, glad to hear.

also i should have mentioned in first post.
prior to a few days ago,…i was watering with water i had pH’d down to 6.0. based on a misunderstanding on my part. MacGyverStoner cleared it up for me and i have since stopped doing that.

could that still have an effect of my test results,…even 2 waterings later? i imagine it would.