Soil mix mixes question

Hi, new here. I’m planning on a outdoor grow and really don’t want to make to many trips to my spots. My plan is to dig a few holes and fill them with rabbit manure. I also plan on mixing in pot ash to the lower layer, blood and bone meal in the upper layer. I’m going to try the LSD autoflower. Any input would be great. Of course this won’t happen till spring. Thanks for your help.

2 Likes

I got some 20 & 100 gallon fabric pots for my outdoor grows…

3 Likes

What @oldmarine said.

I would grow in pots filled with a cannabis friendly soil (proper drainage, pH balanced,…)

3 Likes

@oldmarine wow, those are huge pots

1 Like

That’s because I want big plants.

5 Likes

im sorry Sir, those are trees lol. so huge!!!

3 Likes

Thanks. Actually, Karla is kinda short…

2 Likes

lol, I see you have a sniper hiding in trees guarding.

2 Likes

Nuisance is probably a danger to her fleas. Not much…

2 Likes

Well in a perfect world I would. But here you just can’t. And the fewer the visits the better you are. So I just need to come up with a better solution.

2 Likes

If you want the best from your manure it should be composted prior, and make sure that all of your required elements are accounted for. Then come up with a plan for top dressing on the trips you do make for plants. Buildasoil would probably be a good one stop shop. But lots of different ways you could go about this.

2 Likes

You could put kelp meal and alfalfa meal fish bone meal bat guano volcanic rock dust fertilizer and superworm frass and worm castings in ur holes and seabird guano

2 Likes

@BoosterBill you are Spot on to get the holes ready now. I would just like to add If you choose to dig the holes an add the mixed soil. Lay some flat rocks over the holes If you don’t animals will come along and dig the holes out they smell the blood meal , bone meal . I’ve had it happened to me more than once. As the members have mentioned Fabric pots is also a good choice.
happy growing my friend ! :v::+1:

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is good for canabis outside because I grow indoors.
For our tomato garden we prepare two spots 1 for growing this year and one for next year. Actually the one for this year was prepared last year. We put rabbit manure on top and sometimes lime depends on ph. Throw on some used straw lite layer (lite so it doesn’t plug up rototiller) then we till it all in real good. Let it rain. Then we cover with black plastic that keeps the moisture in To help break everything down.
The next year we take plastic off till again and plant the tomatoes then cover the whole area right up to stalck of plants to control weeds and retain moisture.
Ok so would it be beneficial to prepare hole for next year this year. Dig a large hole put everything in that you want in it soak it real good. Cover with plastic or mulch. Then plant in the next year after it breaks down.

Edit
Bumped the post button to soon

2 Likes

Thanks for your input. It seems many people don’t believe in growing in dirt. I think it’s been done this way for years. I’m sure the way many are doing us great for the plants. But not all of us can do it that way. So I will supply the dirt with as much as I can and hope for great things.

1 Like