Soil hardened and dont know why

When a plant get middle age and all you used was ffhf soil and it begians to fill like a sponge and roots although small making it hard ? Can i fork up the soil around plant to brake up a little or just squeeze the grow bag its in. Dont seem to be hurting things yet just need to figure out…thx

1 Like

The sponge feeling it the actual root ball filling in i would not be digging around it myself what size and type of pot you using ?

2 Likes

It is a 5gal black fabric grow pot with an auto thats stalk is about thumb size and its 3’tall.

3 Likes

I would just leave it alone bro
Why do you feel it’s necessary to work the soil the plant look healthy from the picture
I did forget my glasses tho today lol

1 Like

pic for reference to grow pot

2 Likes

I use the same type of pots bro
Just keep water and feesing as you have been
It’s normal fir itvti take linger when the plants get older its a sign you have a healthy root system in the pot

2 Likes

I guess my concern was watering, not soaking in as fast and i didnt know if it was hurting something.

2 Likes

Your good that’s normal
They may even start running off faster once eoot ball is full everything look good so I would change anything :+1:

2 Likes

If you mist your soil real good with a spray bottle or better a pump sprayer before you water , this will get the top soil damp and help the water or feeding solution soak in rather than stay on top of the dry soil spilling over the edges.

2 Likes

Or you could water from the bottom if you’re concerned about having dry pockets in there.

Place the bag in a pan of your solution and let her soak it up. It would require some flushing, using this method, but could ease your mind.

4 Likes