Soil from last year

This is my second year grow. Last year I grew white widow autos. They lived to flower but never finished. Made some mistakes but I hope I’ve learned some things. I guess I’ll see. This year I’ll be growing Train Wreck fem photos in cloth pots buried in the ground. I have some Happy Frog in the shed that froze over the winter. Is this OK to use for this years grow. I have some soil that I mixed last year for my autos that I never used. It’s Happy Frog plus an Auto Flower super soil mix added in. This also froze. Would it be fine to reuse this soil as a base soil to use with this years grow.

Yep the soil should be fine as long as no pest critters got into it.
Even if they did you’ll be able to deal with them if that happens.
The freezing should be an issue.

Why would you use cloth pots and then bury that in the ground?
I guess that would be to start them indoors until the season changes for outdoors?

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I guess to answer your question about burying pots in the ground I’d say I’m new to the lower southwest Michigan area I wa

I live in an area that has very sandy soil I wanted to start off with the best soil possible and keep it isolated from the rest of the yard soil

1 Like

Soul should be fine and when making the transplant to the ground mix soil from the ground in together with them that will help them to adjust to to their new home

1 Like

Just dig a hole and dump the soil in.

1 Like

I have buried cloth pots, I did it as an option to move the plants, just tear away the small roots that have grown through the bag and I’m mobile.

But in your case, going direct into soil is probably best.

I would dig the hole twice as big as your pot and add amendments.

1 Like