Soil Creation ideas

Woods would be better as almost all corn fields are round up ready and depleted of life and nutrients as most use chemical fertilizers.

Get a 3cuft compressed block of sphagnum peat moss for about $15 at big box store like Lowe’s. Get worm castings and compost and aeration like crushed lava rock and or perlite.

1/3 peat moss, 1/3 compost and 1/3 aeration. I’ll use about 50/50 worm castings and compost from my compost pile to make up the 1/3. Then you’ll need to add nutrients to that base mix. If your interested I can post what I used recently to mix my last batch and I’m very happy with how the girls are doing.

2 Likes

Just FYI my dad grew out in the cornfields for over a decade during the 70’s and early 80’s. He did it just fine. So I would say it’s good soil I got pics of him with truckloads of plants.

1 Like

I am with @Skydiver about using the leaf litter from the woods. Just read the ingredients on some of the largest suppliers “Aged Forest Products”. It will be packed with the microbes that break it down and supplier package and sell.
As for the corn field soil try this. Put some in a small pot, water it thoroughly, and let it dry out. You will more than likely find that it turns into a brick. Our vegetable gardens were once alfalfa / corn fields. I lost track of how many yards of topsoil and compost (by the truck load), bags of peat, sand etc etc I have added to them over the years.
You may find this link useful

@GreenSnek im using 5 gallon pots as i said before homie but the ones im using are jus a lil smaller then most 5’s, i plan on mixing the compost, coco and hydroton&Coco Chips together before potting up, u think it be ok to mix in sum dry amendments as well or should i wait bout 4 weeks?? Heres a list on what im gun be usin if u or anyone intrested… Btw i got OCD so it bothers me if things arent right x) so sorry if m annoyin ya man.

https://www.amazon.com/Nutrifield-Coco-Professional-Mega-Brick/dp/B004T0G67S

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KHW88RT/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A1MCAR5NCYM5GM&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086Z67H9G/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A2SKMTG09YZR47&psc=1
https://www.grassrootsfabricpots.com/living-soil-pots-and-beds/

M sure he did man ive read sum stories but heard it dont happen as much anymore since the meth epidemic

not hatin but im not tryin use peat moss man its not good for earth or enviroment, it provides like 20-30% of the oxygen we breath or sumthin, that n evryone uses it yo wan try sum dif if ya feelz.

Not to mention the helicopters spotting illegally grown plants I believe have destroyed that particular method. My mom would say my dad would get a phone call that a corn field was going to cut down and knew he was going to be out all night. Lol sorry I missed that era, but the legalization era is cool too.

1 Like

Dont forget to rinse and buffer that coco coir and since you aren’t going soil I recommend you following the schedule i linked way earlier since it’s almost identical to my current mix

1 Like

Yea its cause pot runs hotter then most other plants

fursure man it will be legal everywere soon enough, unfortunally it isnt legal over here tho :wink: :sunglasses: whats stupid is back when the goverment first made it illegal in like 1930?? was because they didint have no other drug to criminalize n were desperate, think bout all the trees n etc we could save if they jus used hemp n quit being dickwads

2 Likes

Not to mention one of the largest exports of the US during the conception of the united states was hemp for sailing ships rope so I guess we came full circle. Sorry history buff.

3 Likes

its already pre buffered amigo…straight from an aussie lab :sunglasses:n oh u talkin bout that old truck organic food man?? i was thinkin the 2 different compost would be enough for a 6 week veg

fuckin goverment man there more crooked then my dogs tail :sweat_smile:

It was actually a way to redirect public attention to put pressure on anti immigration from Mexicans since they were the main people that smoked it back then and it will 40% compost will last about 4 weeks then you gotta amend since it takes a long time for dry amendments to get broken down (about 2 weeks for mostly broken down)

1 Like

not even jus hemp tho they fund terriost to start wars with other countries , Sell drugs, help druglords n etc shit there even druggin us to “keep us under control”

Right why is 18 a legal adult , well because they needed more voters and young impressionable college kids can be manipulated so lower the legal age to 18 so we can use them to get elected.

2 Likes

And we wanted more soldiers to go into war of course

1 Like

i bet the presidents or goverment people are aliens man

Oh the story I read yesterday was a Tennessee Congressman that has been fighting legalization has been caught writing opiod prescriptions for 1000s of people for over a decade. So of course he doesn’t want it legalized it would shutdown his whole operation since cannibus is one of the best ways to fight opiod addiction.

2 Likes

Nah they’re just so stupid go look up the dollop 2 part podcast episodes on Donald Trump(or any of the presidents George Bush senior was hilarious in the military he crashed his plane THREE TIMES) and you’ll find out he’s a despicable human being

2 Likes