Soil Creation ideas

I really dont want spend ridiculous amounts of money on soil, so could i go n dig up soil from the forest nearby or the cornfield n add sum compost or dry amendments n be good???

1 Like

if corn can grow in the cornfield then its got be good soil- dirt right??? if anything i probally has nutrients from corn?? its almost winter so all bad bacteria is probally dead??

Im gonna direct you Over here I posted a cheap soil alternative and amendment guide and best of luck ,to answer your question you’re gonna want to add at least 30% perlite to that mix if you do that and you gotta ph your water to 6.5 cannabis likes airy acidic soil

1 Like

@GreenSnek alright thanks man, i dont want add perlite tho as its not organic, was thinkin coco coir chips or rice hulls , think i could get away with jus adding dry amendments n sum compost??

2 Likes

Yea and I heard you can get decent drainage from clay pebbles and oyster shell

1 Like

@GreenSnek alright dope man prob put the clay pebs on bottom, check this DA out

1 Like

Looks like a good flower nute but this is a good cheap organic veg nute given the high nitrogen the super amendment mykos and kelp

1 Like

so would i mix that in the soil before planting or top dress every 2 weeks?? ive only ever grown in coco but wan switch up next batch n dont know a damn thing hhaahaa

A little at these beginning to get the mykos colonies going then I’d give them about 6 tablespoons every 4 weeks maybe 2 for flower soil has more natural nutrients then other mediums

1 Like

@GreenSnek wat soil u think be better, the woods or cornfield??

i went to cornfield n got sum n watered it n was like sludge

Hmm woods , cornfield has probably been drained of a lot of the natural nutes from the fruiting corn

1 Like

i should probally add sum compost aye man??

Yup about 20%sounds about right

ight homie i got it figured out, m need 11 cubic foot soil, 6 cubic foot of coco chips n 5 cubic feet of compost, appreciate ur help homie , thanks yo. when the next batch starts i be sure tag ya show ya wat up

1 Like

Sounds good to me I love grow journals

1 Like

The perlite that I use is certified organic. I do not restrict myself to organic products.

1 Like

would u guys @merlin44 @GreenSnek know how much cubic feet is in this 30lb bag?? its not a full cubic foot nor is it half so 0.75??

im do 40% coco 32% compost 30% aeration as a mix, if u got better ratio im all ears.
1 Like

I don’t know the volume of that bag.

1 Like

A different worm casting said 30lb is about 1 cu foot but probably close to .80-.90 just don’t forget to add molasses to your waterings at least once a week to boost microbe density (unless you prefer to do compost teas)and keep your water ph at about 6.0 and im sure that mix will work beautifully

2 Likes