SoGnotSOG A journal

i went thru a whole grow before i realized you ph the water after you add stuff to it lol

4 Likes

Its pretty much always going to do that.

2 Likes

Tokes malot my friends. Yes PH after nutrients, got that right here from your threads. I will always have that ph meter out from now on. They sell a S ton of water softening systems around here, so Iā€™m guessing hardā€¦Iā€™ll find some info to be sure.

So @Covertgrower went down to 6.2 down from regular 6.4? Not to big a change and no noticeable change tonight. Still have lower plate leaves changing colors but no jumpers, the colors remind me of maple leaves changing colors in the fall. I have to actually pull them off they arenā€™t falling off. Iā€™ll post a pic tomorrow

1 Like

@Tenga I didnā€™t mention what I do with the rice after I finish drying :open_mouth: sometimes thereā€™s more than a hint of flavor after its cooked. Not so much any medication just flavor. Itā€™s about 30% right now, itā€™s been a day and the stem is shrunken down a lot. I figure a couple days and itā€™ll end up in my vape.

2 Likes

Look at that, the tinge is in. :grin:

The second picture, any thoughts as to maturity or perhaps it needs more nutrients. I raised my lights and Iā€™m training everything back downā€¦its like puppets on strings except your trying to use 5 puppets at the same time :smile:

2 Likes

I think at this point will be just water. Sheā€™s finishing up.

1 Like

4 Likes

oh heck yeah!

1 Like

ā€œYESā€ think-your-as-high-as-me-probably-not got my 60x jewelers loop today, right on time. Those tops have cloudy, clear and amber trics right now :grin: my soil ph is ok itā€™s just moist but not to dry HighRightMeow

2 Likes

A pile of subcool super soil the size of the pyramid at Giza @beardless for this link. I got lost but in a good way. Watch out for sponsored links, itā€™s ok for the knowledge you can pick up and vital looksees (pics with links) for general problems you see while growing.

I have made and used that formula of super soil lacking one component which wasnā€™t widely available decades ago, worm castings. Being an outdoor farmer you kinda expect some to move in once you have your mix in the ground.

Every single one of the colas got so fat they bent and broke under their own weight before they finished :roll_eyes: second week of September and your mains are dead and wilted. Solved next grow by bending them overā€¦whole nother photo outdoor grow and decades ago

1 Like

Good-ish pics of trics going places. My jeweler loop is smeared with resin from bumping into them :smile: I wanted to point out my little funnel bottle standing in my tube. I forget who was having problems trying to water without pouring it all over the place and getting the plant wet but this solved that for me. I do still have fungus gnats so you can see my blonde attempt to ā€œlightly powderā€ the surface of my soil was not so successful :roll_eyes: my socket sized bug zapper is working along with the sticky fly strips. From all Iā€™ve read itā€™s common to have them and you have to treat every plant you have in your house or theyā€™ll just fly from your infested lily straight to your juicy soil to lay eggsā€¦so many eggs :pensive: My most mature plant, continues to shut down and Iā€™m clearing its canopy. It has most of the clearest trics and the tops will be couch locking for sure. Watering all plants 150ml ph 6.18. New soil gauge works and was very inexpensive.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 I was in the process of checking out with a hlg 100 3000k and I noticed the spider farm sf1000 full spectrum. Do you think I can get good veg from hlg over the spider full spectrum? Iā€™m leaning towards the spider farm, with dimming capabilities. Not that Iā€™m completely free of the blurple monkey yet :smile: Tokes malot

1 Like

Probably about the same.

1 Like

Ok, Iā€™m awake. I just woke up. The ā€œriceā€ bud I had dried is done. I am baked. Now I am going to go eat a chicken :grin:

2 Likes

@nicholasesposito I tagged you for my journal, but there are many others that have better knowledge on these autos, this is my first one inside. Tokes malot

I canā€™t manage to get the whole thing in one shot, hereā€™s whatā€™s what and omg and the trims I dried in rice :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: it knocked me out nicely.

My soil gauge is working, about half my soil is a 3 before the bottom half peaks about a 7 on the moisture side. I havenā€™t been top watering to battle the fungus gnats :roll_eyes: So I watered 300ml on top and 150ml of TB split between the tubes, my plan to keep the bottom half of the soil damp has worked so far.

Iā€™m adding the TB nutrients once a week there about, the last time on top. Iā€™m probably done with the MG as its salts are not the best at this time and my grow mix still has a good supply on top of enough yellow edges this late.

1 Like

@SoGnotSOG Ill bet that rice tasted good!

About your water pH I have a theory.
We are supposed to let tap water sit out for a day or two to allow the chlorine to evaporate. When the chlorine is mixed in the water, it will form hydrochloric acid.
So as the chlorine evaporates, the water/solution is losing a component to make acid. Less acid means more alkaline-- the pH goes up. And that is what I always see, at least with my tap water.
This is very similar to what I have seen with patients with their blood gases due to breathing too shallowly or hyperventilating.

3 Likes

Looks great keep on keeping on brother

1 Like

I believe Iā€™m getting some more veg growth along with my flowering. I have pruned a couple fistfuls of leaves over the last week and now Iā€™m see more newer smaller leaves now. I dont know why exactly but Iā€™m thinking adding in the 30 mins of blurple before and after the main flowering lights come on, has done something. Of course adding in 1200 watts of lightning for flowering might :thinking: be the causeā€¦these Mars Hydro 600s seem to be a big help.

I still havenā€™t decided on a new light, spiderfarms and hlg one has a dimmer switch the other does not, respectively. I have a smallish ā€œ2000wā€ blurple light set I used to sprout my seedlings for right now, itā€™s in the one picture above. I did most of this grow with that and 4 LED 24inch tubes from Walmartā€™s.

1 Like

@Tenga, I havenā€™t used the rice yet. I have some more small immature buds drying now. I have to say, I smoked some of the last and also vaped some and itā€™s not at all harsh or ā€œgrassy greenā€ tasting and in the vapeā€¦it was heavenly.

Thanks for the ph info, I wasnā€™t sure if I was leaving the jugs sit long enough to let the chlorine evaporate. I had a couple that have been sitting for several days and those are more stable as you said. I checked at 7.40-.55 used white 5% vinegar to get it down to 6.50. Checked again this morning and its 6.48. A jug I had capped tested at 8.22 so I ph it to 6.5 and itā€™s gone back up 7.55 since last night. I Love conformation of the Macgyver Scientific method :smile::smile::smile:

2 Likes