SOG Grow help(first grow)

I’m running a 32"x32"x63" grow tent with a 600w led light. I really need help with a good feeding schedule for a SOG Grow and how many plants should I go with? Also, What size pots should I use? I plan on using General hydroponic nutrients with calmag. The strain that I will be growing is banana kush. Is that a good strain to start out with? Lastly, any advice that you can give me on the SOG method feel free to educate me.

1 Like

600 true watt or are they claiming to be 600 watt (big difference) and are the seeds photo or auto, and lastly welcome to the community😁 and I’ll throw a link to a post with some beginner tips (geared to autos) Link

Welcome!
Sounds like a decent starting point. I don’t know your nutes - but they are commonly used in the forum.
SOG is a short veg of more plants. So you are using more smaller - basically untrained plants - ideally all main cola (due to shorter veg). As you are growing indica, height should be ok.
I would say 4 x 3 gal… 9 x 3 if you can squeeze them.
That will be a busy little space. Best of luck mate!
SOG might be next on my list - really tempted… :crazy_face: :v: :sunglasses:

Put the following on your journal. It will make assistance a lot easier to give with confidence! :rofl:

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

2 Likes

132 true watts I believe and I got banana kush photos. Thanks for having me, this community is awesome and I appreciate the link.

1 Like
  • What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed: Banana Kush, ILovegrowingMarijuana
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF: Soil
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths: Pots
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable):NA
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable:NA
  • Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor
  • Light system: 600w(132 Actual)
  • Temps; Day, Night: NA
  • Humidity; Day, Night:NA
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: 4in Ac Infinity with carbon filter
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No: No

Thanks for the help! I think I’ll go with the 4x3 Gal.

1 Like

Your going to want something like these lights minimum to flower

The ones in the center that are white. The blurple light in the background I used for veg along with the tube lights and a couple red squares and some red/blue strip lights. I threw every watt I could get at the time at this grow. I got really good production out of what I had but still wasted money with cheap underpowered LEDs. I’ll use them still to supplement the mains. The two white lights are Mars hydro 600s non dimming 80$ each plus taxes. Each board has 16 deep red and 2 ir with half white cool and half warm. The blurple in the back was a Wally mart dot com 50$ 2000W grow light, has fans is noisy does a decent job but it isn’t going to flower a 2x2 drawing 30 watts at the wall. The 4 tubes are 20Wx4 so 80 watts and they blow away regular blurple, got those at Wally world store.

What nutes do you use and how does a feeding schedule work in a sog grow?

If your doing autoflower like I am, a 2x2x1 mix of sphagnum peat moss, a compost (the one you see is a mushroom compost, I am using cow manure compost on new grow) and a commercial fertilized garden soil. I’ve had success with miracle grow on outdoor grows and used it on a schedule with this indoor so I didn’t over do it. Other than MG once a week (to week 6 when flowering began) the soilmix has all of the nutrients needed for veg and flowering. I started using Tiger Bloom (week 6 thru now week 12) and added some Epsom salts with calcium mix (homemade, 6 eggs boiled with a few caps of distilled vinegar in the water, peel the eggs keep the shells and the water, I made about a quart and use a couple teaspoons in a gallon of water !!check your ph because these additives will F k you up fast!!) I’ve been 12/12 for the last 3 weeks on lights

about 5 days ago…I dont consider it SOG I just LST as much as I could.

This is from week 6, lights off. A week later week 7

If ur gonna spring for a new light and budget is not aa hiuge factor. I believe u said u had a 2x2 spot. Check into hlg. Best lighting for the job uses good chips and good drivers. U can get a 65 qvspec for around a hundred bucks flowers a 2x3 perfect. If it is a 3xe for like 80 bucks more u can get the 135 rspec .and that flowers the 3x3 super well. Light is the single most important factor when growing these awesome weeds. If there is 1 thing to not skip out lon is the light. Can grow a good weed with a good light and no nute but ya cant grow a weed with nutes but no lights. Ph and tds meters are alo
So another huge factor to help the process move slowly. Ph as bring the most important of the 2. Incorrect ph can lead to alot of issues. If it is a sealed tent i didnt see anything about a fresh air return might wanna see about getting atleast a 4 inch booster fan to help pull some fresh air into the tent