So who we got in Michigan?

@Zee I may call on as an adviser , and maybe you decide to become more involved over time. I hope to get established then grow to Tennessee , Georgia, Alabama and missisippi as the law changes. By being established now I have a better position in those future states. @Zee, Now is the time before its too late and big corporations take it from us. @Dasawman I may need your advice on a large scale start up

3 Likes

I donā€™t know the market, but living in SoCal all those years, I made some friends with people who worked at dispensary, and they told me stories of turning down more weed than they bought. You need to research, research and research and have a business plan. Buy the land you harvest, so you use it as collateral.

3 Likes

My plan is to pay cash for everything, and have a solvent business at first harvest. But thatā€™s gonna take alot of disposable cash, so I am building a coalition I suppose

1 Like

Iā€™m more than happy to help out where I can. Iā€™m not sure where youā€™re planning. I see youā€™re aware of restrictions of certain counties. Thatā€™s helpful if you essentially have a leg in the door already.
I know some things, and I think the Jackā€™s 331 nutrients would be the most cost effective overall to feed a large amount of plants.
Let me know where you need more assistance. Are you considering hydro, or some other medium?
@SKORPION

5 Likes

I havenā€™t ever tried hydro so my first year, would be soil. But I do understand time versus reward so who knows

1 Like

@zee I got in some trouble on your mentors journal whoops.

1 Like

Lmaoā€¦such trouble. @dontcausetroubleā€¦lol

1 Like

Michigan ā€¦ sounds like fun.

Itā€™s ever changing climates that need tending to throughout the year that can get a bit complicated but with the correct equipment itā€™s not an issue any more.
Security would be important for whatever building. Be it actual people or the proper construction to exterior walls to stop thieves. Grates over roof entry points as well.
Ahhhhhh such an adventure you are embarking on.

I say jump in and go for it.

Fear stops dreams, so ignore it and go for the dream.

Oh Iā€™m a journeyman carpenter. If you do come to Michigan and need a hand at building stuff or doing system setups look me up.

3 Likes

@BetrayedSoul a carpenter is always needed, however one of my partners remodeled Joe Namaths house in Atlanta . So construction is the least of my worries. I know you are and again you have quite a bit of respect on this forum. And I would be honored if you would consider being more involved. @BetrayedSoul I mean none of the parties have a grasp of the scope of this project we are only told our piece of the puzzle. Just an idea to consider

1 Like

Planning a move to Michigan also to be nearer grand children. I gave a very brief search into legal grow operations and regs. The cost for permits and associated requirments seemed out of my league. Will be watching to see what you find out if you post it.

2 Likes

Big business taking up all the grow licensing. Lots of opted out counties, ones that opted in wish you luck but if you have the jack anything is possible. Dispensaries paying 2 grand per pound of weed and sell oz for over $500+ Lots to this but like I say if you have the :moneybag: go for itā€¦ Google weed attorneys in Michigan thereā€™s some good ones that council starts ups. Wish you luck in your endeavorsā€¦

4 Likes

What part of the state do you live in?

Really, if I can be of help contact me, but it is obvious that there are plenty of growers with commercial experience you can tap into.

2 Likes

I donā€™t I live in Tennessee with a large family in Michigan.

4 Likes

Tenn. my favorite state, that and Ky for boozeā€¦ Bourbon trailā€¦ Sw Michigan hereā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m moving to Michigan in a year when the whole covid thing blows over im in Ohio right now . I hear in Michigan you can lawfully give gifts as long as you donā€™t advertise it , so I was thinking why not just start a little donation program and give gifts as thanks and my business will spread through word of mouth I know itā€™s a bit iffy but it is legal

Was a guy selling tshirts for a price and giving weed away as a gift for buying tshirts :thinking:
Havenā€™t heard anymore about that guy good or badā€¦ All about tax money so at a Legal stand point probably is until complaints from licensed dispensaries get wiff of it might be a off deal at some pointā€¦Some law makers here in Michigan still fighting for Laws against weedā€¦ People voted for it so they leave the shit alone periodā€¦ Oh and good luck :rofl:

Iā€™m in Michigan also. Lawyer said that whole selling a pencil and giving weed as gift is sketchy bc still a good for money. Said should just gift weed and then sell a service like a consultation instead if wanted to try doing things like that hah

I got in trouble before as a teen in college and I am not about to tread those waters unless had a license to sell a dispo.
I wanted to grow for fun right now even tho canā€™t smoke. Never really thought out what I would do with all my product when my harvest comes around New year :joy:

2 Likes

Yea I was thinking about something like being a grow room / home growing consultant and giving out samples as proof of quality

@SKORPION. I feel like North Carolina has the opportunity to lead the way for other states in the south. One big reason they already have lots of legal hemp farms. And a huge CBD oil Market . If the state takes the next step an a person could get in early they could be some good opportunities. Just my thoughts
Good luck with your new Journey Iā€™m sure youā€™ll do fine.

If you start growing in soil is fine, but make the provisions to grow hydroponic or soilless with automated feed systems when you design space. Stuff like reservoirs and plumbing locations anyway.

4 Likes