So who we got in Michigan?

I am looking at moving to a legal wholesale operation in Michigan and am looking for help and advice. It would be an indoor facility. Thanks to @LoCoRock for that experienced advice but now I seek ideas on setup and operation.i know with Michigan I know climate control is the most important part of my operation. And before I get the generic response of lighting importance , I already use hlg lights but I would go hid if cost of environment control would suffer. So welcome any ideas I have a plan but any good leader questions himself

4 Likes

The biggest problem with a legal commercial grow in Michigan is the patchwork of local laws that restrict commercial grows. There are certain communities that are receptive and have legal grow operations, but my county/city has put restrictions on the number of businesses and locations where it can be grown/sold.

There are plenty of places where those in power are afraid of legalization. If you were to try to grow in my city you would have to compete with dozens of others for the three locations that will eventually be approved. Your first step is to find a location without restrictions.

3 Likes

Thanks @CMichGrower for the response , I am aware of the issues with in counties but I am only considering it because a partner has already has an operation going under a legal Michigan license I just plan to expand the operation.

3 Likes

That’s one sure way to get into the business. I’d love to see how a big operation works.

2 Likes

I do expect to make contributions to local city council, but such is business. So if it came down to it I could ask for your support as a bud tender? Just thinking out loud here? Or partner? I’m familiar with your reputation , maybe adviser?

2 Likes

So long as that doesn’t involve trimming, I’m not very fast at it :face_with_raised_eyebrow:. It’s taken weeks for me to clean the five plants I grew this summer. I can only do it so many hours a night.

3 Likes

I would need your brain , feel free to keep your hands. Hands are a dime a dozen , however knowledge is power. @CMichGrower

2 Likes

Take your time…

1 Like

That’s a nice compliment, but I don’t any experience with a commercial grow operation.

If I was younger I would go to one of the universities that have marijuana horticultural programs. I think it would be a fun a profitable profession.

2 Likes

None of us have experience that’s the Beauty of the American dream. Find something your passionate about and make a career out of it. And as far as age and education , with age comes experience , a kid educated or not can’t face experience as an opponent. I am just asking hypothetical if I asked for you help, even as an adviser with none of your money in it, would you help me?

2 Likes

Or anybody else, I’m tired of talking about what what ifs on the forum. I plan to accept my destiny and embrace my future, I asked for help at the place that built my knowledge and confidence. Thx to Soooo many @zee, because we started together. @Hellraiser who helped me get started with lighting. @beardless and @kellydans would helped me learn to grow. To my advisors @Covertgrower and @MrPeat all I can say is I’m grateful. And yes y’all maybe too southern @dbrn32 and @Myfriendis410

8 Likes

Thanks @MrPeat and @kellydans , I respect you both and look forward to any advice you give.

2 Likes

So I gotta ask @Enlightened420 is this an absurd idea, or screw it go for it?

2 Likes

Hey you only live once I say go for it my friend !

3 Likes

The funny part is it’s not about me that’s why I think it could work. I wish I could do enough in my life to provide for my autistic completely nonverbal son who is 17. If I do that my life is complete but as a blue colar guy my entire life it would require risk.

3 Likes

Beardless please give me something

I can not offer advice about growing cannabis commercially but as a now retired business professional who dealt with and counseled many other small businesses it is this. Know and have absolute trust in any partner or co-owner. Is this person honest and forthright with other people including employees, suppliers and customers? Every agreement and commitment must be in writing. Every agreement must have a “put whole” provision it in. Meaning, if things take a dump and the failure can be assigned to your partner, you, as the injured party should be made financially whole. I am not attorney by the way. But every now and again they are needed. The unfortunate reality is a person’s word is only as good as the paper it is written on.

6 Likes

Probably the wrong person to ask,
I’m a risk it for the biscuit guy and can only give you my perception.
If you are passionate about something, the effort required will be negligible as the drive forward will come naturally, if that makes sense?
For me personally it would come down to financial viability, cost of outlay, overheads, profit margin.
Having a licence already is a big step, but don’t forget the above…

I can only give my perspective and can’t advise you what to do with your future, cause that’s exactly what it is, YOUR future my friend.
You are the master of tyour destiny, if you choose to be…

Good vibes, keep it green :v:

P.S Beardless makes a good point.

3 Likes

Thx that is precisely why I asked fear versus opportunity. Come on @zee what u got

2 Likes

Go for it, I think you’re resilient and can overcome any challenge. If I didn’t have 3 teenagers, a very stable career and happy. I would want to make something that did…let me know if I can help, TN is a lot closer to me than MI, but I got your back.

5 Likes