So what you think going on my first issue

I just drilled like I don’t know 12 small holes in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket that should be okay for flushing right

1 Like

I would pepper that thing with 3/8" holes. Think buckshot from all angles. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

is it to late I have the plants in them

2 Likes

No just drill a bunch of holes so they’ll drain good @burger88

1 Like

Holy crap… no drain holes… ?
You need to download the grow bible for sure… :wink:

You need the basics at this point… :wink:
We get you on track… :wink:
But definitely drill a bunch of holes in those buckets. … every where… bottom and sides… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@peachfuzz

Were you the one that showed the helical pattern on the drain holes? This is the second time I’ve forgotten where that info came from! I’m using that same pattern on my runt auto.

Buckshot…lol

1 Like

Yes it was me… the reason for that pattern is so the plants won’t get root bound and it also helps when watering… lol… :wink:
Don’t know enough about these dang computers and phones to keep all that info handy… it would be so much easier if I new how to work the system @FloridaSon:wink:
When ever I share info I have to look back to all the things stored in my phone… lots of crap to look through… lol :wink:

2 Likes

I was doing a bunch of holes in the bottom of these buckets and I found out that most of the soil on the bottom is very very very very wet do you think maybe the root rot

I have drain holes but I’m putting in a whole bunch more do you think maybe if you’re root rot

No … they look pretty good minus the curling… :wink:
More then likely it’s a pH problem… how long ago did you transplant?

1 Like

One thing, let them dry out completely before watering again. Wet soil is not helping.

1 Like

I should have said thank you for that post too. I added a bunch of spiral patterns all around my 5 gallon bucket in addition to a ton of holes in the bottom. I appreciate you sharing that great information and pictures.

1 Like

I put about 150 3/8 holes in the bottom of the five gallon buckets I figured I water again in 7 days

5 Likes

Sorry to answer so late been offline for a while. I grow in smart pots with a 1 inch layer of clay pellets in the bottom to prevent any wet root issues. I’m sure you could do the same thing.

1 Like