So what’s the deal here

Hey all wanted to get your opinions. Super frustrated over here. 3rd grow, got a Bruce banner and gorilla glue auto. Both in their own 2x2, 5gl pots with 60/40 FFHF/FFOF. Using Jacks 321+CalMag which was killer in the early veg. Starting to have issues with my Bruce. It’s like all the sugar and fan leaves got together and we’re like, “naw we ain’t gotta stick around here” and bailed. This plant was bushy and vibrant as hell for the first 4 weeks and has slowly been going down hill since and now it’s almost as is there is not enough leaves for the buds to develop. I just want one nutrient issue free grow.

Water schedule is very 3-4 days, ph6.1-6.2. Doubt there is much I can do with this grow but damn I want to figure it out for the next.

Thoughts? (3rd pic was taken two weeks ago)

Time to give them a big flush. Have you been watering to the point of some runoff?

1 Like

Yes been watered to run off

1 Like

Have you checked the runoff ppm?

I think ur ph is to low for soil it should be 6.5

3 Likes

I say heat stress not to much light. To much heat. Canoeing of leafs, leaf tips curled and drying up. All symptoms of heat stress.

2 Likes

Yah i agree with that aswell along with low ph

1 Like

Agree ph going in my soil is between 6.5 and 7. I like 6.8 , 6.8 not to anal about it though. Unless below the 6.5.

2 Likes

I would check the ph of the ran off would almost bet its coming out low had this same problem and im using ffof it like they forgot the ph buffer with this recent batch

1 Like

pH too low and what are your temps?

Just tested the run off from last nights watering and it was 6.08. Current temp in the tent was 80.5F.

Mine do that pretty consistently late in flower. I guess they get really hungry at this point and cannibalize themselves.
A few examples.

3 Likes

Is that consistent temp. Mid lights on. Has it been hotter. How close is the light can you feel the heat if you put your hand over them palm down. Ph is low so that could restrict nutes.
At this point you probably wont get much new leaf growth watch for buds to swell. That will be the new growth. Don’t give up on them keep feeding and get the ph at 6.8 or 7 going in.

Went up and reread your feeding jack 321 and cal mag. I don’t use jacks but it is my understanding cal mag is not needed its in there.
I think i read somewhere that to much cal mag can block some other nutrients.
Things that make you go hmmmmm.

2 Likes

Hey is this autoflower or photoperiod. If auto how long are the light on and how long off.
Don’t let the pots completely dry out either. Lite is good and nessesary but dry/dry with those dry leafs would not be good. Also make sure you don’t over water at the same time.

1 Like

Sorry my last response was rushed just got to work.
low 80s is the lights on temp. Check this morning and lights had been on for 10hrs at that point. I am doing a 18/6 light cycle right now. These are autoflowers. I’ll work on getting the PH up. As mentioned at this point it is what it is but just curious what I can do in the future and it looks like PH 6.5 or higher is recommended. I think my PH scale got a bit warped as I was coming off a hydo grow which regularly sits at the 5.8 range. But completely different grow and I think that has been tamping down my PH targets.

Sound like you have it.

(Deleted)

I’ve felt like I had it to start the grow yet here we are. Lol

How often are you feeding vs plain water? What is the PPM of your feed and runoff?

But I agree with the consensus… the low pH is likely locking out your calcium magnesium and potassium.

1 Like

What a great chart.

Primarily just watering with nutrient water. Which is a departure from my previous grows in which I would alternate. But reading no need to do that with Jacks so that’s the way I went with this grow. My other plant is fine but the BB clearly doesn’t like it. Definitely will get my ph up to the 6.6 range and see if that helps.

1 Like