So I started a thing

@Dbpooper 6-12 got it!I totally meant 18hrs :sweat_smile: and @dbrn32 I’m def gonna have to lean on you for info about the light.

Should I order a separate smaller tent for drying so that I can start a new grow?

so whenever my seeds come in, I’ve been debating what I should grow first.

3 Likes

Having a separate space to dry would be a big help. You can order a tent of you want, or build something.

3 Likes

I think I might have gone overboard with strains. I think I’m going to start with my auto but this is the list of strains I’m waiting for

Girls Scout Cookies Auto, Blue Dream, California Dream, Skywalker OG, Sour Diesel, Gold Leaf, Northern Lights, Green Crack,White Widow, Bubble Gum, AK 47, Gorilla Glue, MK Ultra

I honestly don’t know what I was thinking

1 Like

It’s an entire smorgasbord!

1 Like

Quick question guys. I see a lot of people going for either 3 or 5 gallon fabric pots. I have the 3 gallons. Is it any reason I should go with the 5 gallons?

1 Like

If you grow longer your roots need more space. Personal optimization.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I may just try the 3 gal to begin with. Hopefully I won’t regret it

1 Like

My tent is only 5 feet tall. I use 3 because I have to keep mine trained short.

1 Like

I have the 3x3x6. I might have to keep mine trained a little shorter too, I think. I would love to have a taller one but I’m restricted by my grow room. How do you train yours? Are you growing autos?

1 Like

No autos here. I enjoy the control I have over flowering to my schedule. Autos grow so quick, you should be fine with those bags. I top and pull branches where I want them to go and hold them there with wire over and over until I like the shape, then I flower when I think they will fill the space. All the way. Mine stay short because the main branches basically go sideways instead of up.

Cool. I think I’m going to start with only 2 plants. I’m going to start with either the auto or one of the easier photos. I don’t feel too comfortable on mixing and trying to grow 2 or 3 different strains atm.

1 Like

I started 4 seeds this time. 3 were regular photo seeds. 1 failed to germ. 1 was a male. I have 2 left. They are great, and all that I was hoping for, but I had to then start three more to fill in the space. My number plan always mutates.

I know a guy that just did a grow of autos for a first grow and did a great job growing them. Autos or photos would be perfect to learn on. I would stick to easy, if you have not done it before. It is more likely to stay fun that way.

1 Like

You’re getting all the right help here! Those bugs on your first picture really skeeved me out…glad you got rid of that old lumber.

I’m on week 3 of my first grow…doing AK and WW and they’re both doing very well in my DWC. Your seed list looks like my shopping cart did before I settled on these to start with LOL!

Good luck, I’ll be watching…

1 Like

I got an email saying my order hasn’t been shipped. I come home everyday hoping the seeds are here even though they haven’t been shipped. It’s been a week and I’m antsy to get started. Even if I fail the first time!

@dbrn32 @Oldguy @HornHead is it necessary to have an oscillating fan or will the two clip on fans do the job?

A couple of clip ones probably good enough for circulation in a 3x3. You’re still going to want an exhaust fan to exchange the air in the tent with fresh air. Make sure you use wire ties, tape or something to secure the clip on fans. You’ll be disappointed if you rely on the clips alone.

2 Likes

How would you compare the timber grow to HLG? I’m this close :pinching_hand: if timber can’t ship my lights next week.

I also think I’m overthinking some products. What kind of humidifier is everyone running?

I was just reading a thread the other day where I think it was @Nicky but I may be wrong was writing about the cool mist dehumidifier for around $60 on amazon. I put it in my cart for future purchase.

I cant help you compare those lights, sorry.

2 Likes

Oops, dehumidifier. Dang gotta smoke less sometimes.:smirk:

3 Likes