So I started a thing

Hello people! First time poster. I’ve been browsing through the forum and checking some posts because I will be starting my first ever grow real soon. I cleaned out an old room with a lot of old wood in it and started me a grow room. I’m currently waiting on my most important items (soil, seeds, and light) and hopefully I can get some assistance if things start going south. I’ll try to tag a pic of a semi before (it was way worse, but I forgot to take a pic) and the setup now. Hopefully it’s good enough.

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask any question you want on here someone will answer it.

6 Likes

Looking great!!

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome guys. I’m currently looking through other posts to gain some knowledge. I bought a 3x3 and running (this light timbergrowlights model-4vs/). Has anyone had this or heard anything about it?

edit: removed unauthorized link

1 Like

Sorry I don’t know much about that brand of light. I have a pair of HLG 100 V2 3000K in a 4x2x5 tent.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums.
Very nice room so far.

2 Likes

I’ve never used this light but I would say that it puts out a fair bit of heat from the size of those cooling fins on top.
Make sure you have a big enough exhaust fan to help control it. I’d go with a 6 in to be safe.
And welcome to the greatest grow show on earth. :wink::+1::v:

5 Likes

Nice space ,basement area I do recommend run your lights at night off daylight . Good luck.

3 Likes

Welcome to the best place…IMO…to learn the art of cannabis cultivation!!!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Schmokey . @dbrn32 may be able to give you answers about your lights .

3 Likes

Welcome to ILGM! Tag any one of us if you need us.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community. :+1:

3 Likes

Looks great I’m set to watching and following along for the journey! Welcome to the forum as well glad you’re here.

2 Likes

Great light I’m with @kellydans though if you can run at night as those will put out a lot of heat in your tent and grow area. Great setup though!

3 Likes

Welcome to the best place you can be! :sunglasses: Happy growing! You got some awesome growers looking out for you. :v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Keep us up to date and if you have any questions just ask

4 Likes

Those lights are fantastic. Top two LEDs grow lights in my opinion are your cobs you have and the quantum board lights. I think @Bogleg uses them, he’ll be able to tell you more. Is your basement real damp? That would be the only problem I see

2 Likes

No that sounds like a solid plan to me, you may have to make some minor adjustments the more you near spring and summer. Go 6pm to 12 though so you’ll have 18 hrs on 6 off pretty sure you meant that but just in case you didn’t :slight_smile:

Also you can go with a cheaper tds meter I wouldn’t skimp on ph though I went with blue labs after a run with a 12 dollar cheapo from Amazon. Apera is great, Hanna and blue lab are top of the line but a bit more expensive. Make sure to get plenty if calibration solution as well as storage solution for your ph pen.

3 Likes

You made an excellent choice! It will be a little heavier than some of the alternatives, but is definitely a well built fixture. Also probably a little bigger fixture than you needed, so you can probably dim it significantly for veg and even flower at 75-80%

4 Likes

Another vote here for the bluelab kit and lights on at night. Makes it easier to control your temps and saves on having a heater on. Welcome to a brilliant community. I have learned so much about plant biology here and so will you. Hope you enjoy your grow.

3 Likes