So I overplanted in a 2.3 X 2.3 x 5 foot tent. What plants should I cull?

May want to crank up the light pwr if you want big buds.

1 Like

Up to 100 percent? Does the buds on number 2 plant look small? I think they do but the last time I tried this was in the 70,s.

They are small but weren’t we all once? They will swell up nicely and stack up or stretch, same thing. They devour light while stretching. As the buds swell, they will benefit from dark rest time too.Those spots on #1…you may consider cal-mag.

1 Like

So I went into the tent to turn up dimmer. When I installed the extra duct for intake I must have knocked the dimmer up. It was at 90% dimmer setting all day. I just measured lux at probe level it is 45, 000. At top of number two plant it is 60,000. I know it is not a par meter for now but I will leave it there. Good idea. Thanks

2 Likes

Thanks. Also the spots on #1 in were from a few weeks ago. Since then I have been doing 5ml/gal every water with CalMag (with or without nuts). The runoff is crazy high (3900 ppm@700 scale) so the next watering will be just plain pH water. I feel better but next run will not be so many plants

1 Like

Like @Covertgrower said, let me ride. There’s a few guys that have grown 8 photos in roughly the same space. I couldn’t tell from the pics if you had any LST training with manipulating the direction they were or are growing in?? Like covertgrower said light on the floor is wasted space. I’m growing 6 autos in a closet that’s 32” x 38”. Height is no problem at 8 feet.

2 Likes

None let it ride .

2 Likes

Add me to let it ride crowd. You are well enough into flower that plant size isn’t going to drastically increase from here. Go through every once in a while and remove couple of large fan leaves per plant. That will keep them from taking over too much space and keep good amount of air flow throughout your space.

Looks like maybe little bit of calcium deficiency on some leaves you may want to take a look at. I would also gradually increase light intensity small amounts, looks like you could use a little more heat in space. Shoot for around 80f lights on if you can. I think this could turn out to be a very nice grow.

5 Likes

Thank you. The humidity worries me and I think the number of plants is a main factor. If I leave the controller set for 50RH the temp does not get above 74. If I set the RH higher to 55 the day temp will go up to 7F8 but also the humidity. I have heard 55 RH can cause mold on the flowers.

1 Like

Humidity is not a cause for mildew, on its own. High humidity and high levels of co2 combined can be a cause for mildew and mold. As long as you keep the air circulating you can have whatever humidity in a confined space as you wish.

2 Likes

I bought the controller for the infinity but I chose to run it at a constant speed instead. I did this because I wanted constant air flow and static pressure on the tent. I simply watched the sides of the tent and turned the fan up step by step until I saw the sides suck in a little. That is where I left the fan. I would adjust only higher if the humidity or temp rose a little because of my lung room. As my temp would keep rising I could tell it was time to change the prefilter (since I did not filter my air coming into the tent, next time I will). Turning the light up will definitely help with heat and humidity as well.

@Beardless showed me a picture his grow (I’m sure he has them under his profile as well). With training, he had a few little single colas that looked amazing. Check him out, and I think you’ll get an idea of options you may have.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the input. So the consensus is to let them be. I will see how they come out. Hopefully in the future with few plants the humidity be be easier to control.

2 Likes

Yes. Let it ride.

So I have been letting my plants ride instead of getting rid of one or two of them. This was discussed in a previous thread of mine [So I overplanted in a 2.3 X 2.3 x 5 foot tent. What plants should I cull? - (So I overplanted in a 2.3 X 2.3 x 5 foot tent. What plants should I cull? - #19 by Chip303).

The plants are growing out the door and into each other. I have taking a few lower branches of the last few days but I know it is in flower and don’t want to shock them… To help prevent mold I was planning on taking the bottom third of all of them off. Did I miss the window of opportunity for this action. again any comments would be helpful as the last help me not to get rid of some. Thank you.

A little about grow"
What strain, ILGM Gorilla Glue AF
-Age of plant 49 days from sprout above soil
-Method: FFHF
-Vessels: 2 gallon fabric pots
-PH and TDS of Water, PH every the last few weeks has been 6.5-6.8
-PPM/TDS or EC 700PPM on 500 scale
-Method used to measure pH and TDS Apera EC & pH 60
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, indoor 2.3 X2.3X 5 feet mars hydro
-Light system LED, SF-2000@65% power
-Actual wattage draw of lights 125 from wall
-Current Light Schedule18 on/6 off
-Temps; Day, Night day averages 75-78 day 68-74 night
-Humidity; Day and night average 51% based
-Ventilation system; , AC infinityT4 exhaust paired with S4 intake on same controller. Room it is pulling fresh air from is 72f and 35%RH
-AC, basement room is always ~68-72F big dehumidifier has room at 40 %RH constant to help tent
-Co2; , No

Picture one with tent door open

Picture two base of plants looking inward

Picture three full length pic of inside tent

I moved your new thread to your old thread. This keeps everything a little neater, and all relevant information together. If you’d like me to edit the title, or moved to a new category I can.
Happy growing. @Bullpup

1 Like

How far are you from the lights now? A little LST may still be possible to gain a few inches if necessary.
Your lower is not too crowded but you could remove a few fan leaves. I wouldn’t take any more branches for fear of stress.

1 Like

Thanks I did not want to kick up an old thread. That is fine you moved it. I apologize for being a PITA newbie

1 Like

All good, we all have growing pains… :wink::joy: :seedling:

I pulled both big ones to the side of the tent with pipe cleaners. Maybe 12 inches from light with the SF-2000 at 90%. When this grow started I thought the plants would all die. My last grow was in the 70’s when we cleaned out product in a lot and noticed things were growing where we hung out. I know I am on the back 1/4 of the grow but am trying to learn as I go. Big differences between reading and doing. Thank you again as you have responded previously

2 Likes